Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

packaging

My favorite way to store and use my sauce. Save squeeze bottles like ketchup & mustard for my BBQ sauce.

I did that but people kept thinking it was mustard instead of mustard sauce. Now I store it in mason jars and I have a funnel and pack of .99 squirt bottles from Walmart.

Comment

Duh!! Great idea Karon. Why didn't I think of that one. They are just the right size also. I will have to puree my sauce better so it doesn't clog the nozzles and I will label them so others will know what is in them.

Comment

I have bought a set of clear/white squirt bottles from Sam's, but they didn't come with caps and I still don't understand that. The tip is meant to be cut or snipped off, like a tube of caulk, but they should come with caps if you ask me.

Lately I've just been using Heinz ketchup bottles, the big ones that are meant to be stored cap-down as the base. They hold my sauce well and since they're clear you can tell if it's ketchup or sauce. I always use Heinz to make my Shawsh so I get more bottles each time I make it.

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the same thing but got them at Gordon's. I use them for my hot sauce.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        I have bought a set of clear/white squirt bottles from Sam's, but they didn't come with caps and I still don't understand that. The tip is meant to be cut or snipped off, like a tube of caulk, but they should come with caps if you ask me.

Lately I've just been using Heinz ketchup bottles, the big ones that are meant to be stored cap-down as the base. They hold my sauce well and since they're clear you can tell if it's ketchup or sauce. I always use Heinz to make my Shawsh so I get more bottles each time I make it.
        A lot of them don't come with caps. I looked on Amazon and those that come with caps are easy to spot.

Comment

The cheap ones don't come with caps. I also hang onto my Agave bottles. clear, with a cap and thick plastic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here