Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your "finds" at the store? (spices, rubs, sauce, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calypso Kick Spicy Season All (5 oz Shaker Bottle) - Best BBQ Seasoning & Rub Co.Also like this one. Has a little kick.

Comment

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of good stuff on their website! They need to find a dealer a little further south.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I just placed order, something like 15% off. I had no coupon nor code. N227GB

Here's some pepper pastes from the "Finds" aisle at ALDI. I don't think I've seen any of these pepper selections in the stores down here before. The tubes are dated 5-22 so I'll probably pick up a few more for the pantry.

I've already tried the yellow habanero to amp up some mild fresh salsa.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I read an article awhile back that, although they’re selection isn’t volumous, the quality is high & prices are outstanding in the spice section.
      Last edited by FireMan; August 22, 2020, 04:20 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	363F0199-1B20-4241-8F01-E1FC3D9A5192.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	899993
    I know it’s not exactly like Caribbean Jerk but I love this from McCormick.

It makes an incredible marinade for pork or chicken.

Here is what I do

3 parts jerk seasoning
    3 parts vegetable oil
    2 parts soy sauce
    1 part apple cider vinegar

Comment

ssandy_561 look for these in your area
      recommended by our Jamaican neighbours
      add to the marinade 1 tbsp each paprika, garlic and onion powders and mix
      most authentic we’ve found so far
      Attached Files

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you add those 3 tbsp of dry ingredients to a whole bottle of marinade? I ass-u-me that is the case, but you know the old saying...

10-4 as per neighbours instructions
      It did go along way though, probably on a bit to thick but I do like my jerk sauce

Comment

In the subject of spices/rubs finally tried Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning in some pork chops this evening
        WOW
        I was not expecting the peppery spice that came outa that container....right up the nose
        Truth be told I think it was wasted on bbqed pork but still enjoyed it after saucing it up.
        On seafood I can understand why people rave about this
        Warning not for people on a salt reduced diet

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad the northerners/Yankees are finding out about "Tony’s". It is a required staple here in Texass and Louisiana. It’s good on anything! I’ll be putting some on my baked French fries tonight. They also make a low salt version. Spread the word.

Secret Aardvark Trading Company Habanero Hot Sauce.

Local company and kinda hard to find....but OMG that stuff might as well be crack to me. I put it on anything that might go good with hot sauce.

And for BBQ sauces it shines, it really adds a nice complex heat to the sauce

Comment

My #1 Salsa is only sold at HEB Grocery Stores, refrigerated section. Best I’ve ever had is Julio’s Salsa, Serrano flavor. (no picture) They also have a hot and mild. Take it from a Texan, you’ll never buy anything else. My second choice in salsa is from Goya, hot salsa taqueria. Head Country makes a really good BBQ sauce and seasonings, pictured.
          For a quick and easy dirty rice, Zatarain’s makes the best I’ve found. Just add ground beef, but I like spicy ground pork best. As Smokin Fool can attest, Tony Chachere’s is the best all round seasoning, everyone I know has it in their kitchen. For a blackened seasoning, Louisiana Brands is darn good. If you try any of these I’m pretty dang sure y’all will all be going...... "Man, that Panhead John is sure a lot smarter than he looks".
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Panhead John; August 23, 2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            The Louisiana seasoning is available up here on Amazon, its next to the "to buy" list
            Thank you

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re welcome. With the exception of the Julio’s salsa, most of that should be on Amazon if you can’t get it locally.

@N227GB That Garam Masala seasoning is good stuff. I highly recommend making some butter chicken with it.

Comment

• N227GB
            N227GB commented
            Editing a comment
            Great suggestion!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here