Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your "finds" at the store? (spices, rubs, sauce, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some of your "finds" at the store? (spices, rubs, sauce, etc.)

I'm always on the lookout for new things to try. Here's some I found at the Fort Myers Beach Walmart. When I saw they were on clearance I bought several of each. Then the other day they were marked normally. Oh well at least I'll never run out.

What are your "finds"?

Love to pick up some Dizzy Pig as they have an insane amount of different rubs. There is a BBQ supply store in my city that carries their full line and it is impressive to say the least.

Comment

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I came across a new store like that but it turned out they specialized in doing custom outdoor built-in grills with bars, countertops, etc. No real supplies there.

For supermarket stuff my wife & I really like this marinade. Sometimes I just use it straight as a dry seasoning/rub, much better flavor potency especially for thick pieces like breasts. Awesome on grilled & smoked chicken pieces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	918z6Ir4FvL._SY679SX478_SY679_CR,0,0,478,679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX478_SY679_CR,0,0,478,679_SH20_.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	723404

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Got some of that at my local Winco for ten cents a pack recently - 20 packs assorted flavors with this one included - I haven't tried this one yet, but I will!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      treesmacker great deal! I tried the Bourbon & Brown Sugar one and didn't like it at all, but I think the Lime and Garlic one was pretty good too, just it wasn't as good as what I hoped it would be if I remember correctly. Of all the ones I've tried this is the one that the wife and I ended up liking the best. I look forward to your thoughts too.

I found this character wandering around the store aimlessly. He's been a huge help to my game.....

Name:	meathead.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	723410

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, well, I don't really buy books that any Tom, Dick or Harry can write just to make themselves a name...so...

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I recognize that guy!
      Not quite sure where I’ve seen him but I’m certain that I have.
      Hmmmm...

I found this at safeway once upon a time and now keep no fewer than three jars on hand.
    Attached Files

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I have never seen that before I grabbed this picture from amazon. I rolled my eyes too...

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd buy it for the great label alone. Then I'd tell hubby that Men's Health magazine says it's good for him. (Depending, I'm thinking, on what I put it on.) Good to know it's tasty.

K.

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to get some Walkerswood sauces at Winn Dixie, but the store near me has been closed, along with several others.

Going to cook some steak, yessir! And believe it or not found it at Walmart! Click image for larger version

Name:	6F129B12-C182-4050-A52A-A3F8164879D7.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	723483
    Attached Files

Comment

My wife is crazy about Trader Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce, and I like it too...
    http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com...que-sauce.html
    Last edited by treesmacker; July 31, 2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lotta quality products at Trader Joe's. I think their soy sauce is superior to most other widely available brands.

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      My nearest Joe's is in Naples so I don't get there as often as I'd like. I'll have to pick up a bottle of this when I'm there next (along with some 3 Buck Chuck)

• BruceB
      BruceB commented
      Editing a comment
      Our Trader Joe's said they were going to stop carrying it a year or so ago, so we bought out their entire stock, and then started complaining about it disappearing.

Now there is always plenty on the shelf!

We like their green Salsa Verde as well. Use it a base for chicken enchilada sauce or even as a starter for pork chili verde.

Marinating chicken today with Parrinade (named by Huskee after David Parrish ). Always a hit. Can't often find Moore's Original Hickory marinade, so when I do, I score 3 or 4 bottles of it.

I may not have this exactly as Dave does it, but here's how I roll with it:

Parrinade for Chicken
    • Moore's Original (Hickory) Marinade
    • Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
    • Chicken pieces

Mix the marinade and dressing half and half (equal parts). (May not need the whole bottles, depending on the amount of chicken.)
    Set some of the mixture aside to baste chicken pieces with while on the grill.
    Put chicken pieces in large Ziploc bag and pour in the remainder of the marinade. Marinate a minimum of 3 hours up to overnight, then remove the pieces.
    Grill and enjoy.

Dave says he likes this on chicken breast cutlets or tenderloins. I use it with boneless skinless chicken thighs too.

Always a hit with the family.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Moores-Original-Marinade.aspx.png Views:	1 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	723613
    From the Moore's Website:
    • Our original award winning restaurant recipe
    • Versatile marinade for beef, chicken, pork, fish, vegetables & wild game
    • Robust hickory flavor
    • Adds great flavor to all your favorite dishes
    • Makes a great jerky!
    • Use as an added ingredient to add flavor to your favorite recipes!
    • Gluten Free, Kosher
    • Available in 16 oz bottles and gallon jugs

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; August 1, 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Was turned on to this from a friend in Savannah. BBQ supply store carried it. I have since bought direct. When I do a Costco rib 3 pack I'll use a different rub on each rack. This wins taste test every time. Also great on chicken.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks pkadare

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there salt or sugar in the rubs. Couldn’t find ingredients.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, FireMan both salt and sugar. This is why I normally use on chicken and wibs. I don't brine either one.

I can find this stuff at the grocery store, Home Depot, etc. Used it on wings last time in place of our normal salt & pepper and it took them to an "11". Bought two more bottles since they seem to disappear in favor of some new flavor periodically.

Name:	47AAC8A1-BCE6-48EA-8008-0169719B66ED.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	723622

Comment

• N227GB
      N227GB commented
      Editing a comment
      Weber has a number of unique blends that can be hard to find. The Garlic Habenaro seems to have completely disappeared from the shelves down here.

Lawry's used to have a Tequila Lime Marinade that I really liked for chicken. It was discontinued for some reason, and the store brand knock-off stuff isn't the same. I'm going to have to figure out how to make it myself.

Comment

At Home Depot there was a rack of rubs
      these two caught my eye
      $5.49 each give em a try
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure this stuff has crack in it as I'm totally addicted.

Find the best gourmet foods at Stonewall Kitchen. Our award winning products includes everything from snacks to dips, dressings to beverages, and jams to syrups. Free shipping for members over $50

Name:	stonewallaioli.PNG
Views:	278
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	723687

Comment

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s how I feel about salted caramel...
          I had salted caramel latte one day and a friend asked how it was. I said, "Good. Really good. It’s made with heroin but it tastes great."

Good deal I found last year in then clearance bin at HEB: 5 lb container of Fiesta brand coarse black pepper for $8.00. I bought two, didn't take long to use them up either.
        Last edited by 58limited; August 1, 2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• N227GB
          N227GB commented
          Editing a comment
          I always hit up an HEB when I'm in Texas ... and Buc-Ees.

If your looking for something to add some zing to a hot or cold sandwich
        try this Muffaletta Spread
        Great stuff
        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here