Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spritz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spritz

Helps attract smoke. I'm out of my apple juice/Worcestershire spritz, ccan't remember where I got it from, but ran across:

MB's Chicken Spritzer
    5:1 Apple Juice and Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce

MB's Butt Spritzer
    1 parts Apple Juice, 3 parts Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 part Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce

MB's Rib Spritzer
    2 parts Apple Juice, 2 parts Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 part Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce

MB's Chucky Spritzer
    2:1 Apple Juice and Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce

MB's Steak Spritzer**
    5:1 Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce and Apple Juice

Not sure what "Chucky" is?

I'll be doing a Butt this week end, is that a good one, or other(s)

Chucky is a chuck roast. Thanks for listing these, I haven't used any of them, but I am going to have to try a couple out.

Comment

If I remember to spritz I usually just use apple juice. Once or twice I added some apple cider vinegar in there as well. But probably half the time I forget to spritz or I do it once or twice and then forget to do it again.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, by the time it is spritz time, it is usually beer time too. Beer time wins out.

Water

Comment

I'm a no spritz kinda guy.

Comment

Don't spritz it cools the out side of the meat and slow the bark creation. Use a water pan on the grill for the 1st couple of hours then remove it so that the bark can form. Moisture is important for the smoke to stick to the meat during the smoking period. But once you stop smoking you don't need moisture.

Comment

"But once you stop smoking you don't need moisture."

mountainsmoker
            Will you please explain to me why you say that?
            I’m not sure what you mean. Do you have a certain definitive you use of "Smoked/ing?"
            Last edited by HouseHomey; June 19, 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              My secret AR decoder ring tells me that the statement makes sense if you are using a cooker that requires wood chunks or chips to produce smoke..

• mountainsmoker
              mountainsmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Moisture allows the smoke to the meat. If your done smoking quit with the water and start developing that delicious bark or crisp skin.

Thank you for the recipes. Why the apple juice? How does it compare to others you have used?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here