Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt brining ribeye steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt brining ribeye steaks

I have some Black Angus Premium ribeye steaks that I started dry salt brining at noon. Will that be enough time if dinner is at 8.

Yup

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup+1

Plenty.

Comment

Thank ya'all

Comment

Definitely.
        I try to dry brine for 24hrs but that’s not always an option.
        4-6hrs is really plenty of time. You are good to go. 👍

Comment

• mountainsmoker
          mountainsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank ya Steve these ar actually goin to be getting close to 8.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Their gonna be great 👊👊

All good

Comment

Double yup!

Is this a poll?

Comment

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope just needed some expertiseee advice.

It takes about an hour (Kenji demonstrated 40 minutes, but I add margin) for the juices the salt pulls to be reabsorbed, so that’s the minimum time. After that it’s just gets better as the salt works it’s way deeper.

if you don’t have an hour, salt right before cooking, or those surface juices will be lost.

Comment

Well I cooked them about 8 here is what they looked like before and after: That is course ground pepper not salt on the top all of the salt had disappeared. The pale one on the right is my wife's she eats her steak blue(barely seared).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0790.JPG Views:	1 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	696394Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0791.JPG Views:	1 Size:	236.7 KB ID:	696395

Using the salt brine worked well they were tender as prime ribeye's we have had though a little saltier than I would have like but still a delicious piece of meat. But the red wine cut the salt.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing like a good steak.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here