Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

injecting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injecting question

Hello all, I just bought an injector and plan on injecting a 12lb brisket this weekend with Meatheads beef brine injection recipe which has 2 tablespoons kosher salt, my question is does that mean I should NOT put any salt on the outside as a dry brine before I add my rub? (thus double salt jeopardy)
    I think I know the answer but just wanted to double check, this is only my 3rd brisket and want it to turn out as good as possible!
    also any insight on if you all like injecting brisket with a simple or more complex flavor ? vs not injecting? Im more of a purist that likes to keep it simple myself thanks so much and look forward to any responses

I dry brine 2-3 days and leave the injecting to the professionals.

Calculate the salt based on 1/2 teaspoon per pound of Kosher salt. Take that into account when you inject.

Comment

If I do inject my briskets (been doing 2 or 3 every week now) which is not very often, I just use beef consume. It located with the soups at the grocery store. I just like the flavor sometimes. Here is a pic of one Of my briskets from last week without injection. Didn’t need an injection. Juices just a flowing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FE202367-31BD-4B24-9459-4191540A16E8.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	681863Click image for larger version

Name:	80787ABC-238B-4C9C-BEDB-122F556891C4.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	681864

Comment

If ya zoom in between the point and flat, ya can see the puddles oozing out. Lol. So good.

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          🤤.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here