Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought this salmon seasoning today. I believe it's made in Belgium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought this salmon seasoning today. I believe it's made in Belgium.

Maybe Henrik can decipher the language and possibly recognize the company? It tastes amazing. I'll use it within the next couple days. Bought it from my local seafood purveyor with some Faroe Island salmon, fresh NC greentail shrimp and large Bay Scallops from New Hampshire. Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20190511_202434358.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	677547Click image for larger version

Name:	0511192025_HDR.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	677548Click image for larger version

Name:	0511192006b_HDR.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	677549

Neat. I just recently discovered Old Bay.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Old Bay Rocketh, even still!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Neat. I just recently discovered Old Bay.
    Hahahaha!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey at least the can looks like I've had it for like 30 years.

What gave away the fact that it's from Belgium?

Comment

This is from Belgium and the language is Dutch/Flemish. The city is Mechelen, about halfway between Brussels and Antwerp. I have been through the city a couple of times but never visited.

Comment

Yup, it’s Belgian alright. Do you need it translated?

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
          Yup, it’s Belgian alright. Do you need it translated?
          That would be great man!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure, no problem. Can you provide us with a better photo of the text? The first one is too blurry, so it's hard to read. I know the jar is round, so not ideal to photograph, but see if you can't get a better photo of the label.

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Only the first (top) half is relevant, by the way.

• Hulagn1971
            Hulagn1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll see what I can do, thanks Henrik ! Also looking for a website if they have one. The jar is TINY. Website may be the way to go.

Yea that would be nice Henrik, or does it come with its own translator???

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, who knows what those Belgians put in that jar ;-)

Henrik here ya' go!

Comment

This is what it says:

”A delicious fresh fish has been a delicacy in various cuisines for years. From fresh pangasius fillet and a delicious piece of salmon to shrimps and mussels. To experience the taste sensation even better, we have developed delicious mixes that make delicious fish tastes a culinary miracle. With these mixes you will never fish behind the net again!”

the last expression is a local Belgian expression, kinda funny: "fish behind the net" :-)

The taste is described as: Soft, fresh and sweet in taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
              This is what it says:

”A delicious fresh fish has been a delicacy in various cuisines for years. From fresh pangasius fillet and a delicious piece of salmon to shrimps and mussels. To experience the taste sensation even better, we have developed delicious mixes that make delicious fish tastes a culinary miracle. With these mixes you will never fish behind the net again!”

the last expression is a local Belgian expression, kinda funny: "fish behind the net" :-)

The taste is described as: Soft, fresh and sweet in taste.
              Thanks Henrik ! So much deliciousness!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here