Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Grillbillies Rub Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Grillbillies Rub Run

SWMBO went all KonMari on the kitchen a while back, and one of the end results was more storage room for my rubs! Grillbillies BBQ Supply lets you taste test so the 30 min drive is well worth it for me, and a fun little family outing.

My wife and kid have major input, in fact this one may even be the decision maker:

Click image for larger version

Name:	55A4BE9C-5E64-4814-9F74-A65653212C6D.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	670759

This is what I ended up coming home with:

Click image for larger version

Name:	B7F4B3C6-9D88-4097-9C96-F1A8A4C182D1.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	670760
    1. I am nearly out of my Heath Riles Everyday Rub, which we have thoroughly enjoyed. After trying a half dozen other SPOG types we had just about settled on it again. Then the little one tried the John Henry’s and we had an immediate and unanimous new choice. Honorable Mention here to Malcom Reed’s Killer Hogs AP rub btw.
    2. I wanted to replace my Obie-Cue Gator Breath, it has a bit of an Old Bay flavor I don’t want in my spicy layer. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Old Bay, just not that flavor in this application. The lady was super helpful, again offering numerous suggestions for us to try (and multiple glasses of water!) Then after I don’t know how many, she gives me the look and quietly says "Now you’ve got to try this one, these guys just took first place for their ribs with this". Booyah - we all loved the All In Ride Championship BBQ Rub by the Sauced! BBQ Company out of Denver, NC. Just what I was looking for, well rounded and spicy, and not too hot for the kiddo. Honorable Mention here to Smokin’ Guns Gun Powder, that’ll be a future purchase.
    3. I really like BBBR but wanted to try a couple others you read so much about for briskets; specifically Meat Church’s Holy Cow and Oakridge Black Ops. Both were good, for me I clearly preferred the Holy Cow. Aside from the flavors, I liked the really course grind it had. But I was outvoted on this one, they both gave it an ugly face, and really liked the Black Ops (which has a very fine grind oddly enough). Anxious to give this stuff a go on my next brisket!
    4. Plowboys Yardbird and Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head just because I’ve read too much good stuff about them. Man that pineapple head has a great flavor!! Particularly when compared to other fruit flavors like Heath Rile’s Peach Rub which had an artificial fruity taste, the Pineapple Head really shined.
    5. You can never have too much Blues Hog TN Red.

If you’re into it, here’s a fun list of layering combinations Grillbillies provides on their website.

Great choices!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man, gonna be fun trying out all this new stuff!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here