Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good Teriyaki sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good Teriyaki sauce

Any good suggestions for Teriyaki sauce? Thinking making Teriyaki chicken, or maybe throwing it on some beef. Could be home made or store bought just looking for something to play with and see how it turns out.

One to make: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...marinade-sauce

Yoshida's is a decent, readily available store-bought teriyaki.

Comment

• rip1877
      rip1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I will try both out.

If you just want to try one, here is the one I buy:

I use it on beef, chicken, and veggies. Best if you cook on the grill.

Comment

• rip1877
      rip1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I plan on tying this one out as well.

Soy Vay brand Veri Veri teriyaki is a good store bought with different flavors

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I by that for SWMBO. She’s liked it for years.

Bone Suckin Yaki sauce is pretty good. It’s from the makers of the bone suckin bbq sauce.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      If’s that’s anything like their bbq sauce it’s gonna be really good.

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Their bone suckin mustard is great too! Steve B

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Oohh. That sounds good. Red Man Gotta see if any of my local grocery stores have either.
      Thanks for the tips.

My top secret recipe:

20 oz Kim Lan dark soy sauce
    20 oz Kikkoman soy sauce
    20 oz La Choy Light soy sauce
    750 ml cheap cream sherry
    12 oz Mexican Coca-Cola
    1 sm can crushed pineapple
    Green onion
    Fresh ginger
    Garlic

Comment

• Catmandu
      Catmandu commented
      Editing a comment
      Your first post, and you're giving up your top secret recipe. Thanks, and welcome to the Pit!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I must admit I am baffled by and do not know what cream sherry is. Do tell please.

Huntington Beach welcomes you!

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Cream sherry is a sweet sherry (the opposite of dry sherry). Similar to Marsala. Surely you have heard of Harvey's Bristol Cream? That's not a cheap one though. For cheap I like Christian Brothers. Cream sherry is my secret ingredient in stir-fries that I cook and also when I used to make my own BBQ sauce.

This is my favorite recipe. It's is always a hit and always comes out great.

Start with boneless Thighs (not white meat)
    Equal Parts half sugar and half soy.

I put the thighs in Ziploc bags and pour the mixed liquid over and then add some sliced onions, garlic, grated ginger, and cilantro and then marinate for a day.

Then grill them up and enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by sthomasaz; April 8, 2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      A classic with garlic

and never comes out great?

Comment

• sthomasaz
      sthomasaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha ha. Thanks for pointing that out

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here