Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dizzy pig BBQ seasonings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizzy pig BBQ seasonings

Who here using seasonings from dizzy pig BBQ.. they are some of my gotos.. haven't seen much mention of them here..

I love their rubs. The Tsunami Spin is great on wings, blasted on high heat!

Comment

• jgaepi
      jgaepi commented
      Editing a comment
      Honest question, doesn't this go against Meathead's proselytizing about no salt in rubs? I've used Cow Lick in the past. Thought it was great for a 24-hour dry rub. But their rubs are packed with salt. At least most of them. Thanks.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      No, not at all. MH's method simply means that it is easier to control the levels of salt you are using. I am a fan of saltier rubs too, so I don't worry about over salting. jgaepi

Do you ever use red eye Express or cowlick steak rub??

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not. Worth a try?

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup red eye is great on pork chops..

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used the Cowlick, but I like their Montreal style one even better. Might be called "Raising the Steaks". TBH, I've tried a bunch of their rubs, and haven't come across a loser.

We both like their Peking rub, but haven't tried any others.

Comment

Since they are here in northern Va I guess I need to check them out. Thanks.
      11301 Braden Drive
      Manassas, VA 20109

Comment

We’ve used their Bayou-ish blackened seasoning on fish and liked it. Haven’t tried any others (yet).

Comment

I love Jamaican Firewalk

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Also a good one

Been using them for years. A-OK!

Comment

I really like them except for the fact they are pricey. I like Raging River on Salmon and Pineapple Head on fruit.

Comment

I'm a Cow Lick and Crossroads gal!

Comment

Anybody know the sizes of the packets in the sampler packages?

Comment

• scullybones
                  scullybones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  0.46 oz. it says each packet is good for 2 to 4 pounds.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, scullybones.

Since there are a couple pastrami guys on here.. they have a recipe for a ham glaze that is 1/4 cup mustard,. 1/4 cup of honey ( I use cheap store bought maple syrup) , .1/8 the cup of orange juice and 1tbsp of cowlick rub that makes a fantastic sauce on brisket and pulled pork..

Comment

Upon Spinaker 's advice a while back we tried and liked Tsunami Spin--on any seafood.

Comment

OK, I just bought four at Amazon... Tsunami Spin, Peruvinish, Crossroads, and Dizzy Dust. Yes, kinda expensive, but I'll like the convenience, and will be nice to try some different flavors. I also ordered some Hank's Bonafide Beef Rub which was in my wishlist (I assume from reading some other post on this site). I'll let you all know how good they are when I use em.

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sweet, I hope you like it!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here