Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiceology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiceology

Has anybody used their spices and blends before? They have some solid stuff and reviews are always very good. Chef owned and run and apparently fresh ground to order.

I have not heard of them, but it looks pretty cool.

What about you? Have you ordered before?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
      I have not heard of them, but it looks pretty cool.

What about you? Have you ordered before?
      Not yet, but keep hearing about them.
      Their Black and Bleu is probably getting ordered along with a couple of others in the coming days though.

Comment

I am looking at that truffle salt. That stuff is fantastic on steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
          I am looking at that truffle salt. That stuff is fantastic on steaks.
          That will most likely be in our cart today too : )
          I will let you know how it is.

Comment

I haven't tried them but first glance is they are a bit expensive. I didn't see a option to buy refills so you have to buy the glass jar every time. I use to buy a lot from The Spice House. You can buy refill bags from them and just refill your jars which saves some money.

Comment

I might have to try them out, in th near future...

I git lots of good stuff from Penzey's, Savory Spice, an my local Community Mercantile.

Hereabouts, even HV, an others have gotten on th bulk spice bandwagon, an will do in a pinch...

Still very, very good spices, far better, an fresher than most mass marketed spices. Better prices, as well.

Kinda important stuff, when it comes to mixin up yer own rubs, etc.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                World Market can be a good source, here, as well as some specialty an or ethnic markets.

I have had great luck with Planters Seed Co. out of Kansas City, their steak rub and rotisserie rub are wonderful, you can buy in any amounts

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                I might have to try them out, in th near future...

I git lots of good stuff from Penzey's, Savory Spice, an my local Community Mercantile.

Hereabouts, even HV, an others have gotten on th bulk spice bandwagon, an will do in a pinch...

Still very, very good spices, far better, an fresher than most mass marketed spices. Better prices, as well.

Kinda important stuff, when it comes to mixin up yer own rubs, etc.
                Agreed and most of the reviews I have seen talk about the quality.

Comment

I use them almost exclusively. If you email them directly they will give you a chef price list. Most are around 10$ for the tall containers. I've never used the residential stuff. The stuff is great.

As a warning, if you order from them make sure you tell them to use a reasonable shipping method. Like UPS ground or something. They shipped me my first order 2 day and it was costly. Other than that, great great service and an amazing product.

If you send them a recipe, they will mix it for you and send it in a shaker bottle. I can't say enough good stuff about them.

Comment

Just one spice cupboard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF277689-A6D1-44B5-BE3C-012623473D89.jpeg
Views:	2433
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	615323

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here