Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Hogs BBQ Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Hogs BBQ Rub

We have an entire drawer lined with rubs, but keep coming back to this one on pork. Any other users? Did some Iberico ribs we got from Marx Foods a couple of weeks ago and they came back as perfection with a liberal amount of Killer Hogs BBQ Rub.

It is one of my favorite rubs to use...

Comment

Haven't tried it myself. I've been using Oak Ridge BBQ Rubs for a couple of years now and see no reason to keep trying different things. That's how much I like their stuff. I got to where I had so many partial shakers bottles of this kind or that kind of rub it filled a whole cabinet. Once I tried Oak Ridge I knew I found what I was looking for.

I'm determined not buy anymore rubs Oak Ridge included until I use up most of what I got. That's my goal this winter. With that being said The Spice House carries some excellent blends. I will continue to buy their Maple Garlic blend as it is great for bacon.

Comment

+1 on the Killer Hogs for pork and chicken.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          +2 - big fan of Malcom Reed

• (Arrow)
          (Arrow) commented
          Editing a comment
          Enjoy his videos as well. PitMasterX is solid as well.

I like the hot rub -- it doesn't have MSG.

My go-to rub for pork is Dizzy Pig Crossroads.

Comment

I like the Killer Hogs Hot too, but also a big fan of Rod Gray's Eat BBQ rub.

Comment

I love the Killer Hogs rub. I would love to see one of our food genius pit-brethren reverse-engineer it for us.

Comment

What did you think of the Iberico ribs and how did you cook them?

Comment

Did these a couple weeks ago. We liked them a lot.

AP Rub the night before, mustard and the other two about an hour before smoking.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lazy Layne
                  Lazy Layne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Look perfect

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That natural pork from HEB is really good, especially with Killer Hogs rub.

I use the KH AP rub on many recipes. It's hard to find an AP seasoning without sugar or paprika. I give it to family every year in Christmas stockings!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here