Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carne Asada marinade Central Anerican style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carne Asada marinade Central Anerican style

this is how my wife makes her carne asada maranade. She was born in Nicaragua and didn’t arrive in the USA until age 16.

1/2 cup chopped garlic
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    3/4 cups lime juice (squeeze yer own)
    1/2 cups olive oil
    1/2 tablespoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon black pepper

thsr makes enough maranade for as much strip steak as you can soak in it, or 3-6 pounds. Put the meat in a large bowl, heap the ingredients on, then mix it all up by hand. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Then grill over direct high heat. Doesn’t take long, the steaks are naturally thin. I like using my Primo with no heat deflectors and the lid thermometer reading about 350. With a fill fire bowl of glowing coals, a bunch of chunks of mesquite, hickroy, or oak wood (short cook time so GO BOLD), and the vents choked down so flareup is just not happening but heat is. That part will vary by cooker. Gas is different from the Primo, and both are different from the blackstone griddle (I have done the steak on all three, everyone agrees the Primo wins).

I also spoon the left over maranade over the steak while it is grilling. Waste not want not. And it smells WONDERFUL as it burns on the coals.

Sounds great. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds amazing! That's a ton of garlic!

Comment

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        It is. But that’s how my wife does it. Since it is a maranade (as opposed to a sauce) the garlic flavor isn’t overpowering. Also this recipe will make enough maranade for at least 5 or 6 pounds of meat, or as much as you can cover (I use a bowl just barely large enough to hold it all to minimize dead space). For cooking only 1 or 2 pounds don’t use all the maranade, it keeps for a while. It can even be frozen.

Added to my list! Thanks for the post!

Comment

Me gusta

Comment

Looks great for fajitas (skirt steak), too.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. That is what we use it on. Skirt or flap steak.

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, OK. When you said strip steak I was thinking of New York strip.

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry for the confusion. I am in the habit of calling skirt steak and flap steak "strip steak". NY strip is NY strip. But when I make steak steak at home I prefer ribeye or a nice thick porterhouse. NY strip is good, but so is ribeye. And porterhouse is NY strip plus a bonus tenderloin. So it wins.

Garlic AND garlic powder? I’m in!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here