Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for salt free commercial chicken rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for salt free commercial chicken rubs

Apologies if this topic has already been brought up. As the subject says, I'm looking for a salt free chicken rub. Any suggestions that I can buy online? Thank you, and have a great weekend.

You and me both. I'm on a sodium restricted diet so I make all of my own rubs. I've talked to several sellers like Brexton's and the folks at "Made in New Mexico", and while they claim "low sodium" I want "no sodium". You'd think there would be a fairly decent size un-served market here.

Comment

Originally posted by PappyBBQ View Post
      You and me both. I'm on a sodium restricted diet so I make all of my own rubs. I've talked to several sellers like Brexton's and the folks at "Made in New Mexico", and while they claim "low sodium" I want "no sodium". You'd think there would be a fairly decent size un-served market here.
      Yes, agreed, I thought it would be easier to find. Especially since a lot of cooks want to brine their own meat to control the salt. Best of luck to you!

Comment

A google search has often pointed me in the direction of some very close approximations of various commercial rubs. You can always just leave the salt out of them if you choose. Geniuskitchen.com has never led me wrong.

Comment

Hard to find salt-free commercial rubs for two reasons- 1) salt is a cheap filler (they make money selling us salt), and 2) LOTS of consumers wouldn't pay attention and wouldn't salt separately and they'd get flooded with bad reviews, people want a one shot deal.

One commercial rub I am fond of is Heaven Made Products. Their stuff is low salt, you can add it as-is, or you can also dry brine and still use their stuff lightly. That's the only one I've found that's that low. Admittedly though, I don't buy a lot so I'm probably just unaware of some.

Memphis Dust is great on chicken, Big Bad Beef Rub is too (if you like spicy Cajun-style) and my rib rub can be made saltless, and I think it's Grrrrrreat on chicken!

Comment

Dizzy pig make 2. I havent tried them though...

Kitchen success involves more than a good cookbook or flair for cuisine: It requires the right ingredients. From our flagship all-purpose Dizzy Dust to the sweet and addictive Pineapple Head, our spice blends cover the entire flavor spectrum, enhancing everything from award-winning pulled pork to salmon to veggie skewers.

Comment

There is always Mrs dash you can get at most grocery stores.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I keep sayin

There’s a couple guys local to me that make a whole line of seasonings with no salt. Their company is called A-Dam Good Dry Rub. They sell their rubs at all the farmers markets in the Charleston area, which is where I get them.

Comment

• Smoking77
            Smoking77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Thanks for the info! I'll check them out.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here