Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erythritol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erythritol?

Anyone been playing with Erythritol for rubs. Or makes a brown suger substitute from it.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 6, 2018, 02:40 PM.

Yeah it's the best sugar substitute I've found for rubs. I have a batch of Memphis Dust made with it in my cupboard now.

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. It’s the only substitute that I’ve found that works well.

How is it in MMD? I was going to use Surkin Gold to replace the brown and that for the white.

Thanks to DW for the Surkin Gold tip.

Comment

I just used erythritol for both sugars. You lose some flavor but it's not too bad. Never heard of Sukrin Gold. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Comment

It’s erythritol with stevia and a molasses extract.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
          It’s erythritol with stevia and a molasses extract.
          on Amazon??

Comment

They say you can make it yourself easily. The SG that is. Some don’t care fore the smell of the molasses ingredients so they use maple with same results. I’m still gathering intel and taste testing both

Comment

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely interested in your results. $16 per pound on Amazon, so hopefully making at home would be cheaper.

SG sounds really interesting. I LOVE molasses

Comment

I get the Sukrin Gold from here for $11.99 per lb. I get 6 bags and shipping is $6.99

Low Carb, Sugar Free Brown Sugar Alternative Non-GMO, 0 Calories Gluten Free Sukrin Gold is an all-natural, gluten free, low-calorie, low carb alternative to brown sugar with an aroma, sweetness, flavor and texture of brown sugar. Perfect in tea and coffee, for sugar free baking and desserts without compromising on tas

Comment

I’m hoping to add several super low carb rubs to the line up in the next several weeks. While it is hard to beat SPG it can get a bit boring.

Heres a brown suger sub write up. I’m going to try this with a few twist to see it it makes any differences

A brown sugar substitute recipe you can make in minutes. On a low carb keto diet? I also have a sugar-free brown sugar for your favorite sugar-free recipes!

Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 6, 2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Nice! I have been looking for something like this. I am moving more towards the salt and pepper rubs, partly to cut out the refined sugars. If there is a sugar substitute, it would be nice to keep a sweet rub on hand.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here