Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henrik's pork rub recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henrik's pork rub recipe

This is my own rub for pork, like boston butt or ribs. It is not hot, but has a ’twang’ from the ginger which goes really well with pork. Compared to Memphis dust it contains less sugar and less herbs, but is far from flat. I have made the batch size small on purpose, as I usually whisk this together the day before or so, and use it all at once.

1 batch (for 1 large slab of ribs)
    0.5 tbsp salt
    2 tsp paprika powder
    1 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tsp ground cumin

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and apply on one slab of ribs. I sometimes also apply some extra brown sugar right before placing the ribs on the grill, but not always. If you do try it, let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Henrik; December 30, 2014, 01:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the onion powder, now added.

It's kind of a mix of the Memphis dust and HRR, sans the Rosemary and chile powder. Looks good!

Comment

So, did this ultimately evolve into KC Royale?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Keyword here is ‘evolve’ 😄 The KC Royale is pretty far from this one, but yes.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, for sure it's not the same. I was just curious if you evolved this or started from scratch

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a really good question. I started from scratch is the answer, I wanted a 'clean slate'. It took a while, but it was a lot of fun trying out different combos.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here