Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The other two spices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other two spices?

I'm trying to keep my seasoning very simple so I can taste the flavor of the meat. Besides salt and pepper, which one or two other spices are key? Suggestions/ thoughts? Thanks!

Depends what meat. Pork? Sugar & chili/cumin. Beef? Garlic & onion. (If I could only pick 2 more that is)

Comment

Garlic and Onion Powder

maybe a little cayenne/red pepper

throw in a little allspice, paprika, mustard powder, lemon pepper, cumin, chili powder, brown and white sugar....

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that why you work so much overtime? 40 hours Jerod. And TWO spices. :,)

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I gave two spices Huskee it's called lagniappe

I agree with Huskee... depends on the meat and the cut.

Very much agree on onion onion and garlic for beef..

pork depending on on what I was making cumin and rosemary maybe not at the same time though... love just salt pepper and rosemary on pork chop or tenderloin.

Comment

Pork, paprika (looks mostly) and sugar. Beef, only needs salt and pepper

Comment

Garlic powder for sure. Works great with everything.
          The other. Hmmmmmm. Beer. It also go great with everything.

Comment

Garlic powder and vodka.

Comment

Thyme and what ... rosemary? basil? tarragon? ... for chicken, I'd say. Lots of people like garlic w chicken, but not me.

Comment

If I were on a deserted island & only had to pick two in addition to S & P it would be garlic & chili pwdr........& fuzzydaddy ‘s vodka.

Comment

Nope. Just not gonna do it. I'm with fuzzydaddy but perhaps if you held a gun to my head. First I would say "please remove that gun from my head."

For chicken perhaps lard and panko.

For beef, garlic and chili powder/ (tortillas)

for pork, lime and onion

this is just too hard!!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I am gonna try some cumin tomorrow for some "Super Butts" I am cooking for the super bowl. Maybe some brown sugar mixed in with it.

Comment

Chili Powder and Brown Sugar
                      or
                      Bourbon and Ice

It probably depends on the day or what's cooking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here