Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to Meathead, Huskee, and Smoque BBQ in Chicago.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how does Jerod's rub ingredients compare to the ingredients photo from Smoque, wisebri224 ?

Kathryn

P.S. I love the OP by Jerod Broussard . So hilarious. We've all had days like that, but not cranked up to 11 as only Jerod can do.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; January 10, 2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
      So how does Jerod's rub ingredients compare to the ingredients photo from Smoque, wisebri224 ?

Kathryn

P.S. I love the OP by Jerod Broussard . So hilarious. We've all had days like that, but not cranked up to 11 as only Jerod can do.
      So, Barry said in the DDD episode that he used coriander, ginger, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, ground clove, and citric acid, so we have half of the equation. In looking at the frozen screenshot, some of my other guesses were paprika, chili powder, granulated onion, granulated garlic, ground mustard, and maybe white sugar (even though looking at Jerod's again, I'm wondering if cayenne or cumin is one of the darker colored spices......). I've got to take a closer look as I'm also going to try and figure out how much of each as well based on the size of the containers lol. I'm a math teacher so playing this volume game is fun to me.

I've also listened to Barry talk about how he did a ton of Texas travel for the brisket. In my Texas brisket experiences, all of the spice I have tasted has been on the savory/spicy side, so the sugar is my biggest question mark. Sugar on brisket seems more like a competition style one bite sort of thing to me, but that's where the experiments will come in.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, wisebri224 . Sounds like Jerod's rub is simple and delicious. I'll make his and see how it compares to the Black Ops SPOGoS rub I used most recently. I'll be curious to see how your Smoque taste-alike rub evolves.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here