Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul's Cumin Chicken Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul's Cumin Chicken Rub

Here's a quick and simple cumin flavored rub that everyone has loved so far, including my 4 and 2 year-old which is saying something! I usually use this on chicken thighs but it works on many other things. This has salt included as thighs really don't need to be brined. It seems nearly impossible to overcook those juicy pieces. Adjust the salt level as needed.

2 T Paprika
    2 T Cumin
    1 t. Table Salt
    1/2 t. Onion Powder
    1/2 t. Garlic Powder
    1/2 t. Ground Black Pepper
    1/4 t. Cayenne

Makes about 1/2 Cup.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing Paul!

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Add some chile powder, brown and white sugar and you have HRR!

• Psinderson
      Psinderson commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, now that I think about it, nearly all rubs start this way!

Sounds good, add in chili powder and that looks exactly like my taco seasoning.

Comment

Actually, you're right. The fajita seasoning I use adds chile powder and corn starch. Oh well, the kids do really like this rub on chicken!

Comment

Cumin is great! Does the corn starch do anything other than thicken it up?

Comment

Nope, just a thickener. So much better than the store bought packets that have about 20 unknown ingredients. I will have to get the details on that and post.

Comment

Something to think about... the corn starch could help crisp the chicken skin, like Kathryn mentioned around here somewhere.

Comment

True...although I usually have no trouble crisping the skin on chicken thighs with all that luscious fat they have!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here