Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whisk balls for fun and rub!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisk balls for fun and rub!

I was making a big batch of Memphis Rub today and the dark brown sugar was extra gooey so I ended up with some pretty serious clumps. (Wish I had seen Breadhead's weight conversion before doing it too.) I know you can do some things to drive off moisture but I was in no mood for heating or anything like that.

As it turns out, liquid meals are a normal part of my routine. My breakfast is usually this weird protein coffee concoction that I shake up and drink. I keep whisk balls around (just like the ones in those shaker bottles) because they're super handy for mixing up other things like eggs and keeping them in my salad dressings for a quick and even mix.

I found another use for them today: they go great inside of a rub mix. (See attached.)

I'm not going to tell you this amazing ball breaks every last clump and the end result is a perfectly blended rub. I will say that it works pretty darn well and I don't have any obscene clumps left. It's good enough to rub now!
    Attached Files

New thing learned, thank ya' fer sharin'!!!

Comment

I'm relieved this thread is not what the title suggested!!

Comment

You know... I was going with a for fun and profit thing. Upon second reading that does sound way dirtier than intended. Lol.

Comment

Great idea! Although, as I was just waking up I thought there was Whisky involved.

Comment

I'm not into all that stuff but someone in the house is, so I pretty much followed that whole post. Cool idea.

Comment

• binarypaladin
              binarypaladin commented
              Editing a comment
              It's awesome for eggs too. If you want a really, really good beat really fast, the only thing I've found that's quicker is the immersion blender.

Thanks for the pro tip

Comment

i, too, was looking for whiskey when i clicked here

also, good idea

Comment

Hey, I think I've got one of those in one of my shaker bottles, binarypaladin . Good to know I can give it a second use. That will make my husband happy, since he seems to be of the impression that I have too many unused kitchen gadgets.

Kathryn

Comment

• binarypaladin
                  binarypaladin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in the same boat with my wife! I've been trying to avoid most unitaskers and really focus on the stuff that's more than just novelty. These things are really handy all over though, especially paired with mason jars.

Good tip! Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here