Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust Recipe by weight... the easy way.πŸ‘

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBMorgan
    FLBuckeye
    Here is what I came up with for BBBR.

Black Pepper..........20 Grams
    White Sugar...........12 Grams
    Onion Powder..........8 Grams
    Mustard Powder.......5 Grams
    Garlic Powder..........6 Grams
    Ancho....................5 Grams
    Chipotle.................3 Grams

There you have it. All measurements were gently leveled with a stainless steel leveling stick, over a stainless steel measuring spoon and are as accurate as my OXO scale says it is.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker Thanks so much! What happened to Breadhead?

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker Never mind, I messaged Breadhead over on Stella

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem! FLBuckeye

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    MBMorgan
    FLBuckeye
    Here is what I came up with for BBBR.

Black Pepper..........20 Grams
    White Sugar...........12 Grams
    Onion Powder..........8 Grams
    Mustard Powder.......5 Grams
    Garlic Powder..........6 Grams
    Ancho....................5 Grams
    Chipotle.................3 Grams

There you have it. All measurements were gently leveled with a stainless steel leveling stick, over a stainless steel measuring spoon and are as accurate as my OXO scale says it is.

OK ... so the BBBR recipe is in the spreadsheet (it only took about 2 minutes ... part of which was spent trying to remember where I put the damn thing). I need to do a little DropBox housekeeping before starting a new thread for ingredients by weight (not specific to MMD or anything else). With luck, that'll happen as early as tomorrow.

Here's a preview:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBBR by Weight and Baker's PCT Spreadsheet.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	401444

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful Work, there!
      Many Thanks, MB!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Thanks for putting that together.

Now, couple this with a suggestion someone made in the past: print the ingredients and paste it on the container. Now you don't even have to look up the recipe!

Comment

Hey can anybody tell me, is there a place on this site where the original BBBR and MMD etc. rubs are all together?

I thought I saw it once but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks ! ! !

(I'm pretty much brand new here.)

Eh, found it on the free side.

Dry rubs are a mix of spices and dried herbs and they are rubbed into the meat before cooking. They come in a wide range of flavors. The art is creating a blend of harmonious flavors that will complement the meat or veggie. The science is knowing how they will change when subjected to heat.
      Last edited by zzdocxx; July 31, 2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here