Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust Recipe by weight... the easy way.πŸ‘

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Have a nice evening DWC...πŸ‘

• DWCowles
    replied
    Those videos didn't proved nothing. I did not see a rub being made in any of them. I'm not talking about baking.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
    I haven't figure out how you make a mess by mixing by volume unless you're just clumsy. I have no problem taking what ingredients I need out of one container and putting it in another container without making a mess. And I will dare to say if I or anyone else will make a rub by weight and then make the same rub by weight they both will taste the same. You're not going to convince me otherwise. I rest my case! πŸ€“
    My closing argument before the jury goes off to decide the case...

Maybe the experts from Chef Steps that thought this topic was important enough to make various videos, not cheap, can persuade you. Tell me and the jurors which of these 3 videos you find to be inaccurate.😎

If I have a choice of weighing a recipe or measuring a recipe by teaspoons, tablespoons, cups... I will choose weight EVERY TIME.

Why...???

accuracy... https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...olume-accuracy

duplicating a recipe is easier and more accurate... https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...-ll-need-scale

easier, quicker, less work... https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...s-volume-speed

I rest my case!πŸ€—

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Lewiston!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    I haven't figure out how you make a mess by mixing by volume unless you're just clumsy. I have no problem taking what ingredients I need out of one container and putting it in another container without making a mess. And I will dare to say if I or anyone else will make a rub by weight and then make the same rub by weight they both will taste the same. You're not going to convince me otherwise. I rest my case! πŸ€“

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy Lewiston , Welcome to th' Pit from Kansas Territory!
    Glad yer here, lookin' forward to hearin' more!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome Lewiston

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    The methodology is, an' always will be, open to discussion, here...)
    Th' lil' quarrel is over, coals burnt out, an' ashes scattered to th' wind...
    Good luck with th' Wife...
    I ain't gonna tackle that deal.
    I ain't that bigga Fool!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    HAHAHAHAHA. That nice exchange does nothing to solve the measurements problems in my house, Mr. Bones. I am the Barbarian and my wife is the Breadhead. Neither of us will apologize to the other and the language is much worse in the house than the Pit.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    howdy!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 27, 2017, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston
    replied
    I prefer to measure by weight in grams. Rubs and other recipes that don't require a high level of precision I'll measure by volume until I can convert to weight. Baking recipes are ALWAYS measured by weight in our household.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Tell her she's more than welcome to come visit... tell her I'll bake her some killer Artisan sourdough bread that will blow her mind. Using 1 bucket, a Danish dough hook, a digital scale and a banneton. No mess and little cleanup. I'll bake outdoors in my BGE to not heat up the house.πŸ‘

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead - Your comment just made my wife cracking up laughing again. I think she will drive to see our daughter in your neck of the woods just to give you a high five.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Your wife and I think exactly alike... no need for binoculars and a microphone. Its instinctual. We both shake our heads watching someone create a mess when they measure in volume.πŸ™ˆ

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, Breadhead, don't start the clean-up war around here. You must have binoculars and a microphone, don't you? Hahahahahahaha.
    Last edited by tbob4; June 11, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here