Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust Recipe by weight... the easy way.πŸ‘

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• binarypaladin
    commented on 's reply
    When I'm not baking I do a mix. I use the scale because it's fast for the big stuff. I grab the spoons (or just guess) for the smaller stuff when I'm not overly concerned with precision. For something like a spice rub I can do the whole operation in the container I'm storing in and... no dishes.

• binarypaladin
    replied
    Wish I had noticed this before mixing up a batch today!

Leave a comment:

• Buck Flicks
    commented on 's reply
    I for one, am glad it was stickied. I came here today specifically looking for a Memphis style dry rub recipe. Instead of having to scroll through pages and pages, I found it right away.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    BigCountryQ - Not yet ... but now that you've reminded me, I'll see if I can get something put together soon. Thanks!

• BigCountryQ
    commented on 's reply
    MBMorgan, did you ever start a new thread? I am extremely interested in this and would love to contribute

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    I remember when mustard was only available in a glass jar and you scooped it out with a knife to spread it on your hotdog buns. Then they came out with these new fangle squeeze bottles that you could just spray it on easily. Some people refused to try this new way... for years.πŸ™„

• vandy
    commented on 's reply
    plus 1 on the LOL! You guys have me cracking up!

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    LOL to you both

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    A triple uninterrupted stream with exacting pressure adjusting for less volume in the mustard bottle as I went forth, back and forth again on each hot dog.

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
    I just had hot mustard dogs for breakfast. D-licious!
    The question is, do you eyeball your mustard, measure it, or weigh it? Inconsistency will affect the taste from one to the other 😁

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I just had hot mustard dogs for breakfast. D-licious!

Leave a comment:

• gcdmd
    replied

Bakers do it on a digital scale.

I know that type of meme is a bit outdated, but I couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• vandy
    commented on 's reply
    That is what I was trying to say in a nut shell EdF.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    That's one of the biggest problems with computer communication - can't get the tone of voice or the body language.

• vandy
    commented on 's reply
    For the record DW I don't think you have an angry bone in your body, but a couple of the other posts sounded like someone venting. When I am reading what someone thinks I think I have a tendency to think it sounds angry when it is not.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here