Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust Recipe by weight... the easy way.πŸ‘

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    MBMorgan
    FLBuckeye
    Here is what I came up with for BBBR.

Black Pepper..........20 Grams
    White Sugar...........12 Grams
    Onion Powder..........8 Grams
    Mustard Powder.......5 Grams
    Garlic Powder..........6 Grams
    Ancho....................5 Grams
    Chipotle.................3 Grams

There you have it. All measurements were gently leveled with a stainless steel leveling stick, over a stainless steel measuring spoon and are as accurate as my OXO scale says it is.

OK ... so the BBBR recipe is in the spreadsheet (it only took about 2 minutes ... part of which was spent trying to remember where I put the damn thing). I need to do a little DropBox housekeeping before starting a new thread for ingredients by weight (not specific to MMD or anything else). With luck, that'll happen as early as tomorrow.

Here's a preview:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBBR by Weight and Baker's PCT Spreadsheet.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	401444

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    So, here's the thing... I always want less MMD and more BBBR. With weights, it's easy to make ratios, and with ratios it's much easier to scale up or down. Even partials, like 2.5x recipe. #triggered

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    See below.......

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    So the best way to get these weight measurements is to use a measuring spoon in the first place? #triggered

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Spin!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    We now have two Spinakers! Only he/she spells it correctly. Just an FYI. Just made a slight adjustment so this would go to me and not to them.

• Spinaker
    replied
    MBMorgan
    FLBuckeye
    Here is what I came up with for BBBR.

Black Pepper..........20 Grams
    White Sugar...........12 Grams
    Onion Powder..........8 Grams
    Mustard Powder.......5 Grams
    Garlic Powder..........6 Grams
    Ancho....................5 Grams
    Chipotle.................3 Grams

There you have it. All measurements were gently leveled with a stainless steel leveling stick, over a stainless steel measuring spoon and are as accurate as my OXO scale says it is.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Breadhead !

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Did I mention that I am doing this TONIGHT? Hahaha.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    "I will do this tonight. I am making a few different rubs tonight. I will let you know this evening."

Spinaker - Excellent, thanks!
    Last edited by Spinaker; October 24, 2017, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I will do this tonight. I am making a few different rubs tonight. I will let you know this evening.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by FLBuckeye View Post
    Breadhead Did you ever do a BBBR by weight? I did a search and didn't see anything
    I'm sorry to say that BH is no longer a Pit member and therefore won't be responding. Re your question: To my knowledge, no one has yet done BBBR by weight. I've put together an Excel spreadsheet in which to keep recipes by weight (so far only MMD and Meathead's glop are in there). If you make BBBR the "normal" way, perhaps you'd be kind enough to weigh the ingredients and post them here? I'll add your data into the spreadsheet and will keep it up to date and posted here in the Pit for those inclined to prefer ingredients by weight (where it makes sense to do so, of course).

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    Breadhead Did you ever do a BBBR by weight? I did a search and didn't see anything

Leave a comment:

• fkrall
    commented on 's reply
    Late to the party, but the answer to a maiden's prayer! I want to try MMD and now I can scale it to a a trial size and scale other rubs as well. Many thanks for your great work!

• vwskirch
    replied
    If I wanted everything easy and quick I wouldn't have chosen bbq as a hobby....hahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here