Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injection ?

After I place a meet of choice on smoker and let it go, can I REINJECT moisture at the wrap point providing the injection Is up around same temp? Say wrapping temp is 155 and INJECTION liquid is 155. I know you can't put warm injection in cold meat for fear of bacteria growth.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish here or why you would want to do that. Care to elaborate as to what you are trying to accomplish and what exactly you would be injecting into the meat, etc...?

A pre injection (optional), a proper brine, solid grilling/smoking techniques, and a good digital thermometer to monitor when food is done should suffice.

Comment

I've grown to trust people here at amazing ribs.com. Other BBQ forums I've came across, but not affiliated with, have some off the wall people. I'm constantly curios and do think outside the box at times. I've seen David Bosco do it on a BBQ Pitmasters Comp show and he was introducing more moisture in his brisket. I was seeing others thoughts on this process to see if there was any advantage.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool... Well I haven't personally tried it. Interested to see what some other folks say.

I would not inject anything into a cooking piece of meat. I don't think injecting is totally necessary. In competition sure. But not in back yard bbq.
      People inject in competition BBQ because you NEED every single edge to win. That is simply not the case in back yard bbq. In my experience, Injecting will only increase your results only slightly if at all. And it makes one heck of a mess.

.....And I really don't like the idea of injecting anything into a piece of meat I am actively cooking.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto! It turns enjoyment/fun into work.

I used to do it years ago with Tri-Tip. There were no TV shows or books recommending I do so. I was just experimenting. It was in my pre-rub days. I used to marinade everything and was trying to get some of the marinade flavor into the meat. I treated (and still do) a Tri-Tip more like a roast than a steak. I found that it did add flavor and moisture. Since getting into rubbing I kind of abandoned the mid-cook injection. I have experimented with injecting them pre-cook and have had mixed results. So I typically do not. However, your question is a good one and I may try to go back to an experimental mid-cook injection just to see if it has any benefits. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here