Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry brine with Old Bay Boston Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry brine with Old Bay Boston Butt

I love the flavor that Old Bay brings and am wondering if this by itself would make a good dry brine or should there be additional salt added to prepare a Boston Butt. My thought process would be, dry brine overnight, Memphis Dust, eat the smoky goodness.

I would dry brine with Kosher salt and Old Bay since a putt butt is a huge piece of meat and can handle more salt.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      I second Your Motion for Kosher Salt as long as 3 days ahead of the Cook! The Rub "Old Bay" could go on the Night Before!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Isn't Old Bay a seafood seasoning? A friend of mine lives in Maryland and he swears by it for crab cakes and other Atlantic caught seafood. If you try it please let us know how it turns out!

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Old Bay is good on everything

• bchbum12
      bchbum12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even on popcorn.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      ribeyeguy, Like the others have Said Old Bay it a Multipurpose Seafood Seasoning that can be Used on just about Anything!
      Next time You're in the Store grab a Can and Read the Back!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

You will never know until you try it or find some who already has.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here