Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank's Red Hot Seasoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank's Red Hot Seasoning

Has anyone try this? If so, what's your review on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0466.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	260002

I have not, but would like to try, here are the ingredients: salt and dehydrated blend of Franks RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce (aged cayenne red peppers, distilled vinegar, salt, garlic powder)

Comment

I haven't but I'm interested. Did you find it locally, or online DWCowles?

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I found it online but Sam's club sells it and Amazon

• edible hen
        edible hen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DWCowles. Gonna run by Sam's tomorrow and if I can't find it, I'll order it online.

Cool, I'll try it if I can find it.

Comment

IMHO there is nothing that entices me to use it. Frank's sauce is'nt really hot & is salty. To me it's sort of like Weber's seasoning/rub, used it because my sister bought for me, could'nt wait to expire the bottle. Amazingly(NO pun intended), one of the things that I have really dug deep into is my own mixes of rubs & seasonings, after enlisting on this site. But I do value your experience. Will be interested on what your take is.

Comment

FireMan 100%! That's one of the things I like best about this site. People are going to make or try stuff i'd never consider. Then they post about it w pics and I think hmmmm, when can I do that? Hence MCS. Everyone's says, "well looky there, I want one of those". Pretty neat. It's the polar opposite of social media where everyone is dug in and basically has the response of, "that guy's an idiot!"

Pretty refreshing gang!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            @JCBBQ
            True dat. Reason is simple enough.
            We ain't a social media group.
            We's a Family! ;-)

JCBBQ , you are so right!

Now, regarding the "that guy's an idiot" comment, we need to have a talk about your hat & miniature tongs.

Comment

Last time I was in Texas my friends girlfriend made a big batch of Chex Mix and she used the Franks rub instead of seasoned salt. Best Chex mix ever!

Comment

Good on fries but very salty if ask me (:

Comment

I bet it would be worth a try in a Bloody Mary or use it to salt the rim of a glass for your Bloody Mary.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 to that idea

• Iron Bulldog
                Iron Bulldog commented
                Editing a comment
                Use it in bloodys exclusively

Craigar I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to try it in a bloody mary

Comment

I use it instead of salt on things like corn on the cob, eggs and French fries.

Oh yeah how could I forget popcorn.

Comment

I like Franks opposed to Tabasco. I prefer the saltiness vs the vinegar of tabasco. Both work very well depending on the dish and preference.

Comment

I enjoy Franks, and I will get some of this stuff!. However, I don't often use any commercial rubs or seasonings on my steaks, chops, or BBQ since I've been exposed to AR. I've really found that if I salt and pepper the meat and rest it on a rack for at least an hour and up to overnight, I've got my most flavorful steaks. I learned that from The Food Lab and Meathead, and my wife and friends have all commented that my grilled and smoked meats are the best ever. I've even changed my approach to my venison which I think I used to overseason. I owe my enlightenment to you guys here!

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ditto on the meats listed. But also chicken, I had a big laugh when I received a text from my butcher advertising bourbon marinated chix breast at 3.99 per lb. Chix breasts at 4 bucks a pound? 2 to 2.50 a pound for marinade? Don't think so.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here