Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steveo's Cajun Spice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steveo's Cajun Spice

Here is my cajun spice... it can be used for a rub but it is warm! See the pic for the ingredients. If you can think of something I should add, give me a hollar!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cajunspice.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	25367

I'm no Cajun expert but that sounds good to me! If you add a wee bit of sugar it'd probably work as a rub too.

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      yes... good idea! Maybe try to add after the fact when sprinkling on meat to smoke. We generally keep that jar by the stove an sprinkle on everything eggs, veggys, chocolate cake, etc

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I tell people I put my rub on my cereal and ice cream. Sometimes they believe me.

That pic is SUPER cool Steveo!

Thanks for the share!

Comment

I was just thinking this morning, "I wonder if there's a cajun spice blend" on here. And lookee here it is!

Comment

I'm going to mix that up for my Prime Roast for my parents on Monday, and any steaks I am going to cook. Having plenty heat it won't take much. Going to use 1 tablespoon white pepper to replace the black pepper.

Comment

Smark would be happy to see his recipes living on. He was a good man.

I am gonna try this on some shrimp I am making Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm cheating Christmas Eve as I am picking up a party platter of 2 lbs of shrimp and a pound of smoked salmon. I just might have to dust a couple of shrimp with some of this rub.

Thanks look forward to trying it on some chicken breast!

Comment

Got mine made up with some minor mods but smells good and will be going on the roast in the morning.

Comment

Tasted mighty good on my Cheerios. Maybe a hit of cummin?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                It only takes a hint of cummin for that stuff to shine.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here