Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust and Last Meal Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Dust and Last Meal Ribs

Hello, Pitmaster People! It's been a while!
    I just whipped up some Memphis Dust ... gettin' ready to cook four slabs o' Last Meal Ribs this weekend on The Big Green Egg.
    Even though summer is over today, we're gonna pretend ... gettin' one last "summer" meal in ... along with some baked beans, slaw ... and possibly some Sriracha Honey chicken wings!
    Get 'em while they're hot!

I'm thinking I need ribs and chicken for football on sunday .... we are gonna tailgate in the backyard!

Comment

Yeah, that sounds delicious. Come back with some photos and have fun! It's good to see you around The Pit again!

Comment

What the hell does summer have to do with it?

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Yabbut, the guy has a BGE!

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          EdF that's what umbrellas are for.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          boftx, My thought exactly! I cleared 2 ft of snow off of my deck in January to get to my grill!

LOL, you're right, boftx

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have a BGE you can cook in Alaska in a blizzard.😁

Any time is smokin' time...

Comment

Nice thing about living in the desert not a lot of weather to worry about other then summer heat.

Comment

• boftx
            boftx commented
            Editing a comment
            I've lived in snow country and still smoke all year round.

I would too,

Comment

Don't let cool weather dampen your BBQ spirit. Summer has nothing to do with it. I cook all year around....in Minnesota!! There is nothing like adding a log to the KBQ at 5 am when its -20 F. (I know good for you, right? )

I am looking forward to some pictures of this cook. I have also been getting into the wing game. There are so many choices, flavors, sauces and rubs that you can use its almost endless.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Love that stuff man!! Have you tired the Crucible Rub? (Just like the Death Dust but made with Ghost Pepper instead) Its FIRE! But give you insane color and flavor. A slow, smokey, powerful heat. martybartram

• martybartram
              martybartram commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not, probably too hot for me but I have a friend who grows ghosts so I should get him some. He loves the HDD.

• martybartram
              martybartram commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to finish my experiment with the HDD. I want to determine how many tsp per # for mild, medium, hot, volcano, ect wings

Man, the ribs look awesome. Five hours of smoke on The Egg at 225. (We can't eat 'em until our guests arrive.) For some reason, I can't upload an image. I keep getting an error message no matter which file format I use. Something about the image not matching the content (whatever that means). Sorry, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Meat View Post
              Man, the ribs look awesome. Five hours of smoke on The Egg at 225. (We can't eat 'em until our guests arrive.) For some reason, I can't upload an image. I keep getting an error message no matter which file format I use. Something about the image not matching the content (whatever that means). Sorry, guys!
              Email the image to me at [email protected]. I'll see if it's a problem with the image.

Comment

Testing Uncle Meat's image

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	224367

Comment

Uncle Meat it looks like your image uploads just fine. You've got some kind of device/OS/browser issue going on. It can be hard to troubleshoot, but clearing browser cache or using a desktop instead of mobile device are two options that often fix the problem.

NICE looking ribs!

Comment

Rill nice! Didja get any onya?

Comment

Thanks, David, for uploading my picture.
                      Holy moly, the ribs were the best I've ever made. My dinner guests were calling me "Rib God." Fortunately, we have some leftovers. Gonna be a good lunch today.

And FireMan: rzzzzzzzz to you. Weasels! ;-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here