Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help my wife understand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help my wife understand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	211862 Can someone help me try to explain to my wife why I need this here.

No.

The lemon does not need to be there.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Use that to make her a martini. May be easier to reason with her then...

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't blame you. She is hard headed. The lemon is for tonights chicken piccata. But the martini thing might be a good idea also.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Best comment I've read in a long time! Lol.

Is the cooking temperature chart the issue? If so, simply move to the door or the other side of the refrigerator. If the problem isn't the temp chart, I'm at a loss for what is amiss in the photo.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      The chart. The book. She likes everything to look staged as if we were selling the house. I don't get it.

The fridge looks like it fits. Not sure the issue?

Comment

Oh I see the problem... That basket looking thing on top of the fridge is blocking your ability to open the cabinet doors above the fridge.... Tell her it is easier to get the basket off the fridge and get stuff out of it than trying to open those doors and reach stuff all the way up there.

Comment

Does your wife like your cooking? If so, that should be all the explanation required. 😎

Comment

If she wants staged for selling, tell her to turn a burner on low and drop some vanilla extract on it.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah the aroma. She would like that.

The only problem I see is that it's not on the front like mine.

Comment

I have one too on this fridge too. I view that as my kind art work that I add to the house. I think sometimes you gotta just explain this is how compromise works. Next time she has some idea that you can't stand that's similar in importance tell her she gets a free pass or a gimme.

Now the book. I don't think the counter is the place for it all the time. You don't want your BBQ bible getting messed up. Close by so you can easily grab it with in seconds? Definetly. There has to be a drawer or a cupboard near by that can relocate its contents in favor a of more important item like your meathead cookbook!

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              For the "bible" yes there is a place so it can stay safe and clean. I think I have used up all of my passes since joining the pit. All the equipment. Added counter w/drawers in kitchen. Ect.... But I'll try thanks.

• ribeyeguy
              ribeyeguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine stays by the side of the bed, it's required nighttime reading. The only time its moved is when I'm cooking something and I'll need it as a reference.

. You need it there. Just sayin

Comment

My suggestion is a fancy shmancy cook book holder! The temp chart belongs by the smoker.
              Problem solved.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	personalized-stained-wood-ipod-recipe-stand-kitchen-lg.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	211920

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                She likes that idea. Maybe I have an edge here??

Remove the fridge and put the magnet on the back of her car. Problem solved.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats priceless.

You guys are great. Thanks for making our dinner conversation fun. Just wanted to have a laugh tonight. Lets keep the smoke coming.

Comment

Steve B, Young Feller the Only Good Advice I have for You is You Gotta Dance with the One who Brung You! I have owned Eunice for 43 Years, I thought it was 45 Yrs, She corrected me in a Restuarant on our Anniversary? I told her it sure seemed like 45 Yrs to Me! My apologies to anyone in The Pit who may feel that I misled them previously in this matter?
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My Ellie has owned me for 24yrs. And shes always right even when shes wrong. Thats just how it goes.

Oh sure Steve, you just hoodwink us into thinking a member is in trouble. Plenty of effort, time & resources are expired in coming to the aid of "one of our own", and we come to find out it is a complete rouse, just to entertain you & your purported trouble (wife). Well I am glad you had so much fun and a lot of laughs at our expense. You just may have damaged the feelings of many members & put in question future call to actions by those willing to come help other members. I hope you really think about the consequences of your actions. Keep the smoke coming!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like the boy that cried Wolf!

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow. Fireman. Whats that about? Where did I say someone was in trouble or in need. Did u get posts mixed up??? If anyone is in need I will help if I can. Like IvyH. Gift card going in mail tomorrow. Would like to know what you mean.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you say tongue in cheek?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here