Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redemption Beef Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redemption Beef Rub

After looking at ribeye rub recipes for about 30 minutes on the interwebz, I decided I would try this coffee thing out.
    That evening I put this together incorporating what I had learned from looking at other recipes.

2 TBS ground coffee
    2 TBS smoked paprika
    2 TBS MMD
    1 TBS coriander
    1 TBS dried minced onion, ground in mortar
    1 TBS Aleppo pepper
    1 TBS Simon & Garfunkel rub

Rub meat with EVO first. Don't go heavy with this rub to start. Just a nice even sprinkle over the beef.

My initial thoughts were that I was not sure how to describe the flavor but I think I have a better understanding of layers now. I knew there was coffee but I did not taste coffee, I tasted smoke and dark chocolate followed by a little savory and hint of sweet. It did not overpower the beefiness of the ribeye. The taste lingers and makes your mouth water.
    The next day I brought some leftover ribeye in for a sandwich and some more to share. My cell mate commented that it tasted much like Montreal Steak Seasoning with out being overpowering like it can be. He thought it was excellent and was shocked there was coffee in it. So having validated the flavor from someone other than myself I figured I would put this in the appropriate forum section. Below is how the ribeye looked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	183731
    ^The rub did its job in terms of color. Looks well done right? But it is definitely medium rare internally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	183732
    Last edited by martybartram; June 21, 2016, 04:38 AM. Reason: grammar

Pretty steaks. I'm a salt and pepper guy on steaks. Once you move up to roasts I start piling on the crap!!

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally I am as well, but BBBR led me to try a bit more.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here