Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Salt

Hello Everyone - time to get the smoker ready. I like to burn just charcoal each spring to prime the smoker, etc. Today is a good day for it in Michigan. I think once the first charcoal batch burns off I will do some smoked salt. Recipes I'm reading look like it's pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Anyone have tips or suggestions? I tried search both the pit and our recipes but am not finding one.

Thanks!

I have never done it. Do you usually get a block of salt? How does one go about smoking salt.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      First you get a pipe or a bong...

Hey MC. Great to see you and yes it is an amazing day here in the Great Lakes state.

Sorry I got nothin on the salt but hope you share what you find with us.

Comment

Just google "how to smoke salt" ... you'll get a ton of hits.

Comment

Dr Blonder talks about it somewhere... I don't remember if it's in his "Magic of Salt" interview/video or if it's on his own website. But he recommends freezing a brick wrapped in foil. Then spread a thin layer of salt on the frozen brick as you place it in your smoker. The coldness of the brick attracts the smoke. As far as timing and best temp I do not recall what he recommends.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here