Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bangkok

Penzeys sends me this stuff everytime I place an order. Has anyone used this stuff?
    Attached Files

I've never used it, but here is what the website says:

Bangkok Blend
    Salt Free
    For flavorful Thai-style cooking. Nice for seasoned noodles.

Hand-mixed from: sweet peppers, garlic, ginger, black pepper, galangal, hot peppers, lemon grass, basil and cilantro.

Sounds great, I love Thai flavours, I could see this as a nice rub for pork chops or boneless skinless chicken thighs to be grilled hot and fast. Would also work for stir fried veggies. Let us know how it is when you bust it out.

Comment

Bangkok, Oriental setting
      And the city don't know what the city is getting
      The creme de la creme of the chess world
      In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

: ) This is all I know about Bangkok. No help here. Have a good day bro!

Comment

On the back of the jar it reads: good fish, chicken and vegetables. Rub on 1/2 tsp per serving. Here's the ingredients, ancho chili pepper, garlic, ginger, black pepper, galangal, crushed red peppers, lemon grass, cayenne, paprika, basil and cilantro.

Comment

What the heck ... try it on something cheap!

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I going to try it on some chicken MBMorgan

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicken wings would be killer too, a nice peanut or hoisin dipping sauce would be great.

Love me some Yum Nua - Thai Beef Salad. I think you could make a great dressing with that stuff! All you would need to add is 2 TBS Fish Sauce, 2.5 TBS Lime Juice, and 1.5 tsp light brown sugar. You can also add EVO to it if you need to weaken it or are not a fan of fish sauce.

Comment

Maybe you will have to send some to Jon when he gets his authentic Kamado shipped from Japan.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be saaweeeet, I need to get back on the hunt for that. Powersmoke_80

So a good Freind of mine sent me some of this. (thank you OP!

I laid it in some salmon just to give it a try. Honestly all I got out of it is a nice even mouth heat. Nothing else. I'm doing a sweet cherry glaze right now and think this will be a nice mix to make a sweet cherry bomb glaze.

Thanks again for letting me give this a run DW

Comment

I have tried this on two more things.

Made a cheese pizza: It was really good on there. No heat but lots of nice flavor.

Egg: Same as above with a hint of heat which was perfect.

I actually like the flavor in this a lot now that I can taste it.

Perhaps I did not shake it well enough when I did the salmon. Or I just over applied it.

End of the day I like this. Very different

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here