Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert recipe measurements to weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert recipe measurements to weight

I was looking at @meatheads Apricot Ham Glaze and on his list of ingredients, he calls for a 1/16th teaspoon of ground gloves. I got to thinking, how the hell am i going to do that? not knowing what ground gloves weigh per unit of measure, i turned to the intraweb thingy and found this site, linked below.

What do you use when this occurs? I like the functionality of the site... could come in handy if you ever want to go commercial with your favorite BBQ sauce.
    Convert volume to weight and calculate calories for food ingredients. Volume, density and calculated weight are presented in different measurement units

That's a pretty cool website...

When I make a recipe for the first time I measure it out in volume if that's the way the recipe is written. Then I weigh the volume in grams and make notes.

I taste it and if I need to tweak it I just add or subtract a few grams of this or that. Once I get it exactly the way I like it I save it in my recipe file in Box.

I mix Memphis Dust and Big Bad Beef Rub by weight. It's much easier that way.

Comment

Great tool! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here