Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Sauce for Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sauce for Ribs

Try this...

I used MH's BBBR as I've plenty on hand! Cooked 3.6 lb Pork Loin Ribs ( not BabyBacks ) on 22.5 kettle with the SnS yesterday with outdoor temps in the 30's.

Highly recommend fresh squeezed juice if you can. I always use the entire jar of Plum Sauce so there isn't any leftover plum sauce hanging around. Chipolte/adobe = BA!. I used Expreso, too.

Chipotle-Plum Sauce

Ingredients

1 teaspoon instant coffee
    3/4 cup plum sauce
    1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
    2 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo with sauce
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 1/2 pounds pork back ribs

Directions

Mix 1/4 cup hot water with the instant coffee and stir to dissolve. Once, dissolved, combine with the plum sauce, orange juice, chipotle sauce and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

-- Ed

What if you are plum out of plum sauce?

Comment

Then you're plum outta luck!

Comment

That sauce recipe is just plum loco! and that's a good thing!
        * runs away fast *

Comment

I really like it, plum goes exceptionally well with pork, so this sounds like a winner for sure.

Comment

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            It's good, but not quite as good as the next one that I will type up when I get ambitious. Haven't been able to find the exact recipe online so I can C&P it.

I plan on using it for the next set of ribs - I'll add it to this post.

Here's a tip on how to store the chipotle / adobo sauce after you mince it all up - I get mine in 7oz cans.

1. Get an ice cube tray - standard size cubes = about 1 Tablespoon.

2. Fight with cling wrap to line the pockets in the tray. This can be fun.

3. Fill up each cube with 1 TBS sauce. You should get about 5 cubes.

4. Freeze.

5. Cut the individual cubes - keep as much saran wrap so you can wrap "the cube"

6. Foodsaver it - lasts forever.

You can do the same with tomato paste, etc.

-- Ed

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            "Fight with the cling wrap..."--I LOVE it!

Jeez, I hate cling wrap.

CI - Mustard Barbecue Sauce

Whisk all ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container up to 4 days.

Recommend fresh squeezed lemon juice if you can.

Habaneros. For maximum heat, include the ribs and seeds. For less heat, use only 1 habanero and remove ribs / seeds.

CI brushes the ribs after they come off the grill with half the sauce and reserves the rest for passing. (I've haven't tried basting them and putting them on direct fire).

Pretty mothern' good stuff...

-- Ed

Taken with iPhone, TG for technology for lazy people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CI_Mustard_Sauce_v1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	135516

Comment

Here's one of my favorite Mustard Sauces:

W'ham Mustard BBQ Sauce

1 cup white vinegar
            1 cup apple cider vinegar
            1 cup honey
            1/2 cup yellow mustard
            1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
            1/2 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey
            4 tablespoons of W'ham Mild Seasoning (you can use your favorite pork or rib rub)
            1 tablespoon granulated garlic

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over low temperature, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the apple dissolves and the sauce is thick. Cool and bottle. Keep in the frig to serve with any pork. It gets better with age.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank-you! I've copied this and hope to use it soon.

• Medusa
              Medusa commented
              Editing a comment
              Wooo-hooo! Sounds pretty good! Like the use of JD. I just bet it gets better with age...

I like mustard based sauces.

Comment

Try some of my Black Swan BBQ Sauce: www.blackswancompany.com

Comment

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay -- I bit. The cognac one sounds intriguing. I do really like making sauces though. Got some plum sauce yesterday to make the lead sauce.

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Max! Looks awesome!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here