Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spice Supplier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spice Supplier...

If you like your Spice Supplier, you can keep your Spice Supplier... but if you are looking for a new one, check these guys out - several of us here are already using them:

Buy spices in bulk at Spices Inc for high quality and exceptional service. Professional wholesale spice and seasoning supplier that can help your business grow.

I have been using them for several months now and they are great... they not only have spices but they have dried peppers, dried mushrooms, and spice blends. I think their spice blends are top notch... I have a couple favs that I am using right now:

Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning

Vadouvan Curry

This stuff I put on everything >> eggs, veggys, burgers.. what ever
    Southwest Steak Rub

Have a look, see what you think... oh and everything is fresh and they get the orders out real fast.

smarkley, Thanks I am going to have a gander at their site! It looks interesting. 👍👍🍻👍👍. Got to Go Buy? A Snow Blower and Tractor! Dan

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      hmmm that sounds like work, Danjohnston949 ... heh heh

If I was getting a tractor these days I would insist on a built-in beer can holder, and maybe a place for the cooler hahahaha

smarkley, DRINK HOLDER WAS THE FIRST THING I CHECKED ON! Before I bought It? 😙😚🤔😚😙. Dan

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      OH yeah!

smarkley if you are into some hot spices try this place out. They are a local joint here in the Omaha area that grows their own peppers and produce some great spice blends and sauces.

Manufacturer of spicy food products offering a great variety of Pepper Dusts, Spice Blends, Condiments, Hot Sauces and more.

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Dr ROK when you get to town and it just happens to be during the week, check out http://www.friscospices.com/default.aspx too. They are located 1 block west of Rotella's on Harrison Street. Great spices and at a good price. They are the butcher supply shop (they service the Hobart equipment) for the area. One of these days I am going to sit on one of their sausage making classes.

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      An example of Frisco Spices prices, we go through a lot of granulated garlic and they sell it for $5.95/lb. You can buy in 1/4 lbs increments when you walk in. By mail they would like you to buy a minimum of a half pound. Their spices are much fresher and definitely more affordable than what you get in the grocery store. My wife likes their Seasoned Pepper blend since she doesn't like to use my pepper mill. Another item we use a lot of is their taco seasoning, $5.15 for a 1 lb bag.

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Craigar

I use Penzeys. Great spices.

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
      I use Penzeys. Great spices.
      Ditto that. Great dried peppers too. I watch for their online sales and load up on the essentials for BBBR and MMD.

Kathryn

Comment

Sounds good... thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the link! Check out their recipe for Chocolate Ancho Chile Bark.

I generally use Penzey's but have also found a couple of Middle Eastern sites that are nice, plus Pendery's on occasion.

Comment

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure why, but nothing comes up for me when I check their recipes.

Dr ROK --It's right on the home page--just scroll down a little bit.

Comment

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            Willy, thanks!
            Found it.

Hey guys has anyone had experience with www.spicejungle.com they seem to have a large assortment of various spices with decent pricing. Spices, herbs, seasonings, dried chiles, salts you name it they seem to have it. One spice that has spiked my curiosity is Amchoor a powder from dried mango's sounds like this could find a home in a pork rub dunno ? Anyone incorporated Amchoor in a favorite recipe yet ?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here