Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan's Damned Good BBQ RUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan's Damned Good BBQ RUB

For Your Use and Enjoyment. You can alter this as needed and to suit your taste. You can do 4-5 butts and a brisket or two with a single batch! Keeps for Months in a Sealed Container in the Cupboard! Enjoy, Dan

DAN'S DAMNED GOOD BBQ RUB.

1 C. 3/4 Sea Salt, 1/4 Tender Quick
    Dark Brown Sugar
    Paprika (your choice)

3/4 C. Black Pepper (fresh Crs Grd)

1/4 C. Garlic Powder
    Onion Flakes (Powder Opt.)

1 TBS + 1 TSP (each the following)
    Mustard Powder (yellow)
    Cinnamon
    Old Bay (Seafood S)

1 TBS (Each the following)
    Cayenne Pepper
    White Pepper
    Ginger
    Nutmeg
    Cumin
    Cloves
    Celery seeds

Mix Above Vigorously (+kitchen sink if desired) Store in Tupper-
    Wear container in cupboard.

Use an empty Parmesan Container as shaker and for storage. Keeps for months!

Best if Rub on Meat 18-48 hrs. Put in a Zip Lock Bag in the Fridge. Turn over every 4-6 hrs! Rub with Oil of Choice just before going in Smoker or Roaster!
    I use it on Pork Butts, Ribs, Roasts also on Beef Brisket and.... 👍. Dan

I also use Spritz Bottle with the following every time I open the Grill

1 C. Apple Juice
    1/2 C. Worsteshire Shire Sauce
    Tarragon Vinager
    Balsamic Vinager

I'm in, I'l give it a go. May drop the salt and dry brine. QT is a interesting twist. Got to look deeper at that for sure.

Not often that a rub recipe is thought provoking. I like it. Thanks

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You, Jon previous to Meathead's and Dr. Blonder report on oils and rubs I would rub the meat with Olive Oil and then with the rub. Now I reverse the sequence Dry Rub, Refridgerate at least 12 hrs. then coat with oil just before the Grill! 👍👍🍻👍👍. Eat well and Prosper my Friend, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 30, 2015, 07:33 AM.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      QT?

I does look pretty good! Thanks, Danjohnston949 !

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Brewmaster, I haven't got Copy and Paste Down Yet so Hopeflly this will get, "Dan's World Famous BBQ Rub Recipes" to You‼️
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Is that a quarter cup each of Tender Quick, brown sugar and paprika?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Willy, Sorry About the Confusion: Hopefully I can Make It More Straight forward.

1 C. All Coarse Salt, I use 3/4 C. Sea Salt - 1/4 C. Tender Quick
      1 C. Dark Brown Sugar
      1 C. Paprika
      3/4 C. Fresh Ground Peeper and the rest....

Hope this helps Willy, Eat Well and Prosper, 👍👍👍👍👍, Dan

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan: Muchograssyass!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks richinlbrg enjoy! Sii Willy, Dan

Reference for Mr. Bones

Can't get the link reference to work, so I'll put a new post in the recipe and a reference for you.

Best regards,
    Jim

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      jgg85234
      Many thanks, Amigo!!!
      Couldn't find it t' save my arse!!! ;-)
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 12, 2017, 08:45 PM.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim, Thanks for bringing this Rub Recipe back up! "Dan's Damned Good BBQ Rub" It is if I got to say So Myself!
      👍🤗😇🤗👍
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo. ND, Dan

Danjohnston949 Huh, I wonder how I missed this one back in the day. Might have to try this one out!

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just thinking the same thing myself. We must have been asleep that day.

Thanx for this Dan.

Comment

RonB, Spinaker, Mr. Bones, jgg85234, fuzzydaddy, Thanks for following along Boys! I doubt You learned Much other than Start with Enough Charcoal! The drop in the FireBoard Grill Probe Recorded Temp was nearly Instantaneous when I ran Out of Charcoal! Enjoy the Rub Recipe it may be a bit Mild for You Hot Chili Pepper Eaters! Feel free to add or subtract!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 13, 2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Dan!

It think I'll try this on brisket this weekend

Comment

Well, this topic was a sleeping gem! Thanks for bringing it to the top, Jim jgg85234 .

Danjohnston949 , the ingredients in this rub have me dying to try it. Lots of layers of flavors there. I bet the taste is awesome. Thanks for sharing it!

Kathryn

Comment

I agree with Kathryn, This seems to be a multi-layered rub. There is a lot going on here! I like the nutmeg and cumin too. For some reason I have been on a cumin kick for while now, its amazing stuff.

Thanks again for posting this Dan!

Comment

Holy cow! There is a lot going on there!!! I am definitely trying this on my next pork butts, plus it gives me an excuse to use the rest of the celery seeds in the pantry so we can restock before potato salad season. Thank you Danjohnston949 for sharing this rub recipe!

Comment

On my to do list. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here