Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our New Pastrami Rub needs a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I think this is close to what we will go with:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_174122.jpg Views:	3 Size:	635.6 KB ID:	1214341
    Last edited by Meathead; April 30, 2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq I think it’s no salt because we are being directed to use a store bought corned beef. Which, as we have been taught here, is super salty. So after the purge, I bet it balances nicely.

Meathead amiright?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes STEbbq SheilaAnn

• dtresca
      dtresca commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it!

I think it’s great! One small question: Are you for sure going with the Payos? Just curious, cause I wonder if religious folks might feel like that is mocking them - particularly if they don’t know that you’re Jewish. It feels like they are, at least partly, a demo that you would like to reach, given that the product is OU certified (which is an awesome idea, btw). I wonder if, given that you are doing to that trouble, you may not want to risk stepping on those toes.

Just my $.02. Can’t wait to get my paws on some of this magic, once it becomes a reality!

Comment

Yeah, I am cognizant of the possibility of negative blowback. Not likely since I doubt may Orthodox Jews will notice it. If they do my out is that I was born bar mitzvahed Chia David Ben Jacov Hiam. Given that, some blowback might be good publicity.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the only people who would be offended are those who want or choose to be offended, mashuganas! I like the name choice, it was what instantly popped in my head when you posed the question. I still play that video when I look up your pastrami method, cracks me up every time! Good luck on the new product.

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you could always go with It Ain’t Chopped Liver. As a fellow Jew, I agree with CaptainMike - those that will take offense, will do so. Go for it!

When is the rub going to be available?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here