Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat Iron Dark and Smokey BBQ Rub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Iron Dark and Smokey BBQ Rub.

I've used this a couple of times on larger cuts. Did a burger tonight. Brined a couple hours and applied the rub. Boy, was it good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211221_191845.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1145990

Okay. Taste in more detail would be nice. Hot? Spicy? Sweat heat?
    Thanks for the post.

Comment

I'll let the product creator speak for it.

Dark and Smoky has always been one of our most popular pepper blends, and we've received so much feedback from customers telling us how that blend has been an essential addition to their other BBQ rubs. So, we've decided to create our own!  But we couldn't just make another BBQ rub. We wanted to make something great, s

Comment

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds bloody delicious!

• Jessterr
        Jessterr commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice, RichieB. Just bought a bottle, along with a few of their other pepper blends. Looking forward to exploring the "heat" side of things a bit more.

I really like Flatiron products. I have several bottles ot their peppers on hand at a times

Comment

I used this recently on the rib tips while doing some spares that I cut down to St. Louis style. Glad I JUST used it on the rib tips, as none of the women-folk that day could handle the heat. I loved it though, as did all the boys!

I'm brewing beer on Thursday after work, and have my son and son in law coming to help. I've got a slab of SLS ribs thawing, and plan to smoke it up for the 3 of us with this rub, and some spicy BBQ sauce as well. Can't wait!
        Last edited by jfmorris; June 21, 2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

i havent tried the rub yet, but the dark and smokey pepper blend is great sprinkled on top of a fried egg.

Comment

I love peppers, you just cost me more money. Thanks

Comment

Ronaldf123 that's what we're here for. If you're not familiar with Flat Iron think about getting a combo package. I think they have a 3 and 4 pack option.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here