Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemon pepper and...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine88
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, it looks fantastic!

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    Caffeine88

This is from The Complete Meat Cookbook from Aidells-Kelly in 1998 2 T minced garlic 1 T chopped fresh oregano 1 t ground cumin 1/4 c dark rum 3/4 cup fresh orange juice 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 1 T olive oil 2 t salt 1 t ground black pepper 4-6# pork marinade overnight. Roast in the oven at 325*F. Y’all know what to do

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Caffeine88 I will post the recipe

• Caffeine88
    commented on 's reply
    I like this idea! Cuban pork roast sounds great.

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    skipsdaughter sounds just about like the recipe I use for Cuban style roast pork. Just needs garlic! Yum!

• skipsdaughter
    replied
    I picked up a seasoning blend that has salt, pepper, cumin, and orange. I imagine you could recreate that for a good pork rub. I haven't tried doing it myself.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Getting ready to mix pepper with honey and drizzle on Brussel sprouts. Really good mix

Leave a comment:

• Caffeine88
    started a topic Lemon pepper and...??

Lemon pepper and...??

My wife decided to make lemon pepper the other day by putting a bunch of peeled lemon zest in the dehydrator, and grinding it up whenn it was crunchy. I was astounded at how fragrant and how much better it was than standard lemon pepper. It smells so much more like lemon than pepper, unlike the jarred stuff in the cupboard.

We often dry herbs - sage, oregano, basil, mint, rosemary, etc, so I know how much more vibrant those are than typical purchased dried herbs. I didn't expect lemon pepper to be soooo much better.

What else have you made that surprised you? What other things should we try? I want to try lime and orange zest, too, but a typical spice combo with them insont coming to mind. Ideas?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here