Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRR (Huskee's Rib Rub)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRR (Huskee's Rib Rub)

Two Racks of Back Racks. One rubbed with HRR and one rubbed with MHMD. Homemade KCBBQS made for a great combo. I honestly have to give much due credit to Huskee's HRR. A+ in my book. I will post pics of our cook tomorrow. We finished our cook late. Tayson my nephew aka Tater did great. A truck load of bones hit the trash can.
    Last edited by Huskee; August 17, 2014, 08:25 PM.

One must wonder how someone gets the nickname Tater without being a standup comic...

Comment

• Tally
      Tally commented
      Editing a comment
      His Granpa gave him that name. I'm not even sure how he earned it.

Thanks Tally! I'm honored, and blushing

Comment

I have a recipe for my original barbecue sauce that I might be posting soon. I call it Huskee's Original ShawshTM. The problem is, it's a secret recipe among my friends, I make it for them instead of give them my recipe...so if they catch wind I've posted it I lose some leverage. Nothing too special, but it's a fav among my group, and myself. Easy to make, vinegary and a hint of pepper spice. I also have a Honey Shawsh variation as well as a Mango-Jalapeno which has become Orange-Jalapeno since my wife hates mango...but I love it. And as I've stated before I have one more mix which is a 50/50 of Meathead's Columbia Gold and my Shawsh.

Comment

• Tally
        Tally commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to try more sauce recipes! Have respect for the secret recipes too!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        To those of us in the BBQ world it's not really "secret", there's only so many variations on a KC style sauce, the bulk of the ingredients are standard. To my buddies who've never tried to make sauce it is though! I think I'll post it what do I care...

Edit, posted here: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...riginal-shawsh
        Last edited by Huskee; August 17, 2014, 04:04 PM.

• Tally
        Tally commented
        Editing a comment
        The ingredients look great. I'm just about out of KC style so I'm due for a new batch of sauce. This looks like a good one to make next.

Did just a light coat of BBQ. I love BARK!

Comment

Here is the Cook.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          He'll have some awesome memories and stories one day of learning the right to do it young!

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Where are you from? This looks like pictures of me from 20 years ago, amazingly so.

• Tally
          Tally commented
          Editing a comment
          Southern AZ Big John.

AWESOME Pic Tally! Very cool!

Comment

• Tally
          Tally commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jon! He enjoyed the cook and the end result. I filled his ears with the wealth of knowledge that we get from all the different Pit members and AR. He is now going to make a UDS in his metal shop class!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Very cool. Hopefully y'all keep us posted on his progress

• Tally
          Tally commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure thing Pit Boss. I might need to help him round up some of the stuff for it. Depending on what material we can scoop up we will either go with a COS or a UDS.

We need a thread of Jr & Miss Pitmasters

Comment

That's a great idea Huskee.

Comment

orange Jalapenos sounds good, I have a prickly pear Jalapeno jelly I make and glaze meat on the BBQ with. Makes a killer ham steak.

Comment

That sounds good too charchamp!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here