Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner Pepper Mill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Pepper Mill?

I am leaning towards the AR recommendation.

The Kyocera Everything Mill Adjustable Grinder allow you to dial in the size of your grind from coarse to fine and it grinds all kinds of spices from pepper and salt to coriander and cumin. Fresh ground pepper has much more flavor than the pre-ground. And the size of the grind matters making this a perfect choice.

But I am aware of Serious Eats and Wirecutter recs

We’ve tested 25 pepper mills since 2014, and we still think the Peugeot Paris u’Select Pepper Mill is the best.

Also this old thread

I'm using a disposable one that can, however, be refilled. I'm thinking I should probably upgrade at some point. What do you use?

Anything else that should sway my views?

Just my two pennies, but if you are going to crack a lot of fresh pepper for cooking I would look for a burr grinder. A tablespoon or two doesn't sound like much until you are wearing out your forearms grinding away.. I have always had good experiences with the Krups line of products.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have a coffee grinder so I will dig that out tomorrow and see what it can do.

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq if your coffee grinder is a blade grinder it takes a little practice to not over grind the the corns unless you are wanting a fine grind, but it will work.

ATK likes this one best: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003OICYZO...kequipchart-20

with these two tied for second:

Comment

Switched from Peugeot to unicorn and that’s still my go to.

got the pepper cannon and that beats them all by quite a bit so far (and costs as much as them all).

for making a large batch of rub etc, I use a blade coffee grinder for the pepper (and anything else I’m using whole)
      Last edited by Polarbear777; July 5, 2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        The Pepper Cannon is great, I can't believe how much pepper it grinds with each crank. But as you said its pricey.
        Last edited by 58limited; July 5, 2021, 09:44 PM.

• AdequateEatin
        AdequateEatin commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I saw a post, here on AR, about the pepper cannon last year and I was immediately sold on it. I bought it on kickstarter and got it delivered mid-May. I don't think I will go back to anything else. It is very much worth the price in my opinion. Also, I heard he is slowly developing a salt cannon which I will also have to pick up.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here