Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Rub For Sale? When? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Rub For Sale? When? Where?

I thought Meathead's rubs were going to hit the market in June, but I haven't seen/heard anything. I'm curious to check these out. Can anyone tell me the status of this?

Cheers!

Im curious about this as well.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

Anyone have some insight? This make me concerned to ask the other thing that came to mind. Is the new book still on track for April?

Comment

Rubs were supposed to be June, still waiting on some last minute details to be ironed out...should be this month or next last I heard. Book, not sure. Not this year I know that.

Comment

• Matt Bykowski
        Matt Bykowski commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for thin info.

We have crafted some really nice rubs and one sauce and sent prototype samples to retailers and they LOVE them. They were supposed to be shipping in May, but the manufacturer has been having supply chain issues with everything from ingredients (many of which are smoked) to bottles. It has been exasperating. But we think the rubs will be shipping in August and sauce in Sept. We will not be selling them ourselves, but they will be available online from BBQ suppliers at first, and then they should get into hardware stores in the fall and groceries by spring. They are NOT designed for competition where rubs and sauces are a lot of same old same old. They are designed for great tasting food. The recipes are based on Memphis Dust, Simon & Garfunkel, and Mrs. O'Leary's with some nice new ingredients and smoke. And yes, there is salt in them because that's what every other rub has, and if we left it out the price would be over the top. But not too much!

Click image for larger version  Name:	3-rubs-photo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	1057243

Comment

• Matt Bykowski
        Matt Bykowski commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the BBBR too. It's great on raw carrots. Well and flip flops, bumpers... It's just great stuff.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I better start clearing out the rub section of my pantry right now to make room. These are going to be fun to try. Hope the production hurdles clear quickly for you, Meathead .

Kathryn

• lbyer
        lbyer commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in for everything as soon as they are available. I'm sure there are some others who will agree with me when I say this: "almost everything I learned about barbecue, grilling, and smoking, I learned from this web site and all the helpful members."

Meathead will they also be available on Amazon? Any idea when? It's my primary go to for most of this type of thing.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure they will be on Amazon. I will be announcing who what when where as soon as they are ready for sale.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, looking forward to trying them out

Can’t wait to try them! Will we (Pit Members) get a heads up to be first in line, or at least when they’ll be ready for purchase? Also, if it’s not too late, you should put my mug on the bottle also. Along with " Endorsed By PJ". Sales would skyrocket.
      Last edited by Panhead John; July 8, 2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        And a link to your paper plates.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes to question 1, and I'm not answering question 2.

Will you be offering gift boxes or sampler boxes containing all three.

Comment

For those in the Milwaukee, WI area, The Barbecue Supply Company in Greendale, WI now has Meatheads rubs in stock! I was just there a few moments ago for something else and found them. (And of course bought them 🙄). I believe the originator of this post is in this area?

Matt Bykowski
        Last edited by Jfrosty27; September 8, 2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Matt Bykowski
          Matt Bykowski commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that is convenient. Looks like I got a errand to run this weekend. Do you recall the price? Thank you for sharing. I grew up in Muskego. Cheers neighbor.

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Matt Bykowski they were $13 per bottle.

• Matt Bykowski
          Matt Bykowski commented
          Editing a comment
          Just picked up the Pork version from the BBQ Supply Co. Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here