Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipes with Tajin seasoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipes with Tajin seasoning

I love Tajin, I want to try some recipes that incorporate Tajin in the seasoning. Does anyone have any recipes to share?
    Attached Files

I don’t have any recipes but it seems suited to fish tacos and dipped limes for tequila shots.

Comment

It goes on nearly anything...

Go to the source:

But also, sprinkle on watermelon.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        The ribs, adapted to a proper smoke sound amazing. Thanks Potkettleblack!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I will trying those ribs (smoked) for sure!

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, just smoke the ribs and sauce late... I might add a bit of brown sugar to the tajin for the rub... just to bark better.

Stop it, Stop it, now I got to get some in a store near me.

Comment

Thanks potkettleblack

Comment

We use it on corn on the cob with some Mayo to create a cheap and tasty version of elote corn. Delicious.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Sprinkle some Mexican cheese too!

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            The cotija makes it...

Looks like some interesting stuff. Chili peppers could mean who knows peppers which could be cool. No sugar or any other junk. Got to try it. By what I see I think Potkettleblack is right, looks good on anything.

Comment

Rub the rim of your glass with lime and dip in Tajin. Then fill the glass with a michelada or your favorite Bloody Mary recipe. And what was mentioned above: watermelon, honeydew, etc.

Comment

The best use is on the rim of a freshly made spicy margarita. Second best use on a rim of a michelada.

As far as food, sprinkle some on fresh mango, papaya, honeydew, etc. Also on frozen ice pops too. I haven't cooked with it besides also using it on freshly grilled and buttered corn. Bet it would be a great topping on french fries or roasted potatoes.

Comment

How is it that I've never heard of "Tajin" before this?!?!?! Argh. I've sworn off spice purchases until I deplete the 100+ bottles in the pantry already!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You need a critical mass of Mexican Americans in your grocery service area... It's in nearly every store in Chicago...

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Potkettleblack I think we are at critical mass here - I've just not been aware of this particular spice, and have probably walked past it many times.

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You might have different Chili Lime seasoning, like Badia. In the latin/ethnic whatever they call it in your store. Or with the fruit, like mangos.

It is really good. It is not spicy it is a perfect blend of spices, acidity, and salt.

I just tried some on my Tri tip tonight as a finishing seasoning and it was fabulous.

Comment

I found this l… Harry Soo. https://youtu.be/P-WqJqQXu14

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The man is an absolute wizard...
                    And now I have to watch 40 videos to learn the backyard trim of Harry Soo and the whole process... DAMMIT!

Put it on fruit. For instance, grill so e watermelon or mango and then put it on that.

Comment

Last week I had a huge Mexican restaurant margarita on the rocks. I’m usually a beer guy. Tajin seasoning was on the rim and it was fantastic! Gonna buy some and experiment.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A tajin seasoned lime on a light flavored mexican beer is pretty lit too.

I cant remember where I saved this recipe from but it is delicious for the rim of a glass of a mango margarita.

MANGO MARGARITAS
                    • 1 ripe mango, cubed (~1 cup or 157 g)*
                    • 1 cup (240 ml) orange juice
                    • 2 small limes, juiced (~1 ounce)
                    • 2.5 -3 ounces (73 - 88 ml) silver tequila (depending on preferred strength of drink)
                    • 1 ounce (29.5 ml) triple sec or orange liqueur
                    • Dash hot sauce (optional)
                    • 1-3 (15-45 ml) Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (depending on sweetness of mango)

CHILI SALT RIM
                    • 1 lime wedge for rimming
                    • 1.5 tsp Tajin (or 1 tsp chili powder + 1/4 tsp sea salt)

Instructions
                    1. Add all margarita ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness / strength of alcohol as desired.
                    2. To chill, either blend in a large handful of ice cubes to make a frozen margarita, or transfer half of the mixture to a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake vigorously.
                    3. Rim serving glasses with a lime wedge and immediately dip in salt/chili powder mixture (or sub just salt or sugar), and fill with 1 large ice cube or several small. Pour over margarita and garnish with lime wedge.

Notes

*To make a frozen blended margarita, you could also start with frozen mangos and omit the ice as instructed!
                    Last edited by AdequateEatin; June 25, 2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Rfhd69
                      Rfhd69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here