Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and Garfunkel rub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon and Garfunkel rub question

Can fresh herbs be substituted for dried herbs in the Simon and Garfunkel rub?

Midnight Rider

I don't know why not. In general, from what I've read & done, the only herb that is often better dried than fresh is oregano. You will probably want to 2X or 3X the volume when using fresh herbs. Many (most) recipes call for dry herbs cause they assume most folks may not have access to fresh. Thankfully, my wife like to grow stuff as much as I like cooking stuff, so she makes sure I almost always have most herbs available fresh, even in the winter. Any time I can use fresh, I do!

Comment

Thats what I always use. My chicken always comes out fantastic. Love this rub. It may be better with fresh, but everything I've made with it has been dried and I love every bite my friend.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Guys. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Munch
          Munch commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome MR. You may want to to head over to the Introduction page. Or you can wait until Huskee tells you. That will work too.

Spoiler Alert... There is a homework assignment.

Midnight Rider aren't you in Germany?? I think you were on the main site last year with about 8 racks of ribs on a Weber kettle...

Great to see ya!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here