Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Dust Question

Does anybody still have the OLD Memphis Dust recipe with salt in it? If so, I'd like to know how much salt was in a batch. I'm starting to drift towards using salted rubs for dry brining and I'd like to mix up a batch of MMD with salt. Thanks.

Wasn't sure Dewesq55 but I did keep a copy of the original MMD recipe.

Memphis Dust Recipe

Yield. Makes about 3 cups. I typically use about 1 tablespoon per side of a slab of St. Louis cut ribs, and a bit less for baby backs. Store the extra in a zipper bag or a glass jar with a tight lid.
    Preparation time. 10 minutes to find everything and 5 minutes to dump them together.

Ingredients
    3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup paprika
    1/4 cup kosher salt
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    2 tablespoons ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
    2 tablespoons onion powder
    2 teaspoons rosemary powder

Comment

David, this is another very good homemade rub that is Salty & Sugary that I use a lot on pork and chicken. Huskee's Rib Rub.

PLEASE NOTE: On 10/23/15 I changed the recipe to cut in half the chili powder and the cumin, and completely removed the cayenne pepper. Why? My wife recently got some fancier glass jar organic spices, and I was quite surprised (negatively) at the difference they made in my rub. Way too chili & cumin-tasting for me, and too

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Skip . I have this recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here