Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Church vs. Sucklebuster Rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Clark the Ace hardware stores around here carry Meat Church

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    The rubs and seasonings just keep adding up, one after another.
    The other day I just used SPG on some pork chops. Worked great.
    That is too simple and not complex.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Ok Troutman I don’t have a sissy bar....so...no reach arounds.

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    smokin fool I have been using SB Texas 1836 on beef and I like it except for the heavy salt. They say that MC's Holy Cow if great on beef and would like to try it. Don't want to have to buy a $30-$50 package, plus shipping, to try it.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    HawkerXP I can easily get a ride from Panhead John. Nothing like a cross-country bike ride on the back of a hard tail Harley.

• smokin fool
    replied
    I use Sucklebusters Hogwaller for pork and frequently and enjoy the taste.
    My only complaint/dislike would be the amount of salt in the rub.
    They're Texas 1836 beef rub is high in salt but I don't mind it for beef.
    I have never seen Meat Church rubs here so can't comment on them.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I figure your walking so I've got plenty of time.

Troutman

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Clark I am determined not to buy or make any more until I finish what I have, but I am weak, and Hank's KC Royale is shouting for me to buy some more.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Whaddya mean "lately"?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Hawk you’re getting a little snarky lately, watch those Texas comments or I may have to come Sucklebust you

• cashelton
    replied
    Of the Meat Church rubs I've tried, Holy Voodoo is my fav, but the others aren't bad. Also of note, I noticed Meat Church rubs are $1 cheaper at buc-ees...if there's one near you!

Leave a comment:

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    klflowers I am like you, with a cabinet full of rubs that I thought I would enjoy. Too bad we can't have a 'swap meet' and we could all trade our unused jars!

• Panhead John
    replied
    Out of all the many rubs I’ve tried over the years, my favorite rub is made by Big Moe. Just sampling it straight out of the jar is by far the most flavorful I’ve ever tried. And even after it’s been cooked on the meat has been great. The chicken and pork rubs are the best. His brisket rub was just ok, not bad. My favorite homemade rub is:
    3 teaspoons of Tony Chachere’s
    1 teaspoon of ground cumin
    1 teaspoon of chili powder.
    This is great on chicken wings and pork. Very tasty and a little spicy, the flavor really shines after the cook.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; April 10, 2021, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    I am not a Texan, but my wife and I really like the Meat Church Holy Gospel rub. We haven't tried any of the others yet cause I have a shelf full of rubs to go through first.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    We try to avoid rubs that list salt as #1 and I believe most store bought ones do.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here