Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Church vs. Sucklebuster Rubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Church vs. Sucklebuster Rubs

On a different forum I have been seeing raves about Meat Church rubs. I went to MC's website and liked what I saw. However...A few months ago, people raved about Sucklebuster so I bought several of their rubs. Neither my wife or I were impressed by them. Not bad, just nothing special.

Since both are made in Texas, I would appreciate hearing opinions from Texans re your favorites.

Texans like beans in their rubs, and chili, be sure to look for this in the list of ingredients.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I figure your walking so I've got plenty of time.

Troutman

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP I can easily get a ride from Panhead John. Nothing like a cross-country bike ride on the back of a hard tail Harley.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok Troutman I don’t have a sissy bar....so...no reach arounds.

I am not a Texan, but my wife and I really like the Meat Church Holy Gospel rub. We haven't tried any of the others yet cause I have a shelf full of rubs to go through first.

Comment

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers I am like you, with a cabinet full of rubs that I thought I would enjoy. Too bad we can't have a 'swap meet' and we could all trade our unused jars!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Clark I am determined not to buy or make any more until I finish what I have, but I am weak, and Hank's KC Royale is shouting for me to buy some more.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      The rubs and seasonings just keep adding up, one after another.
      The other day I just used SPG on some pork chops. Worked great.
      That is too simple and not complex.

Out of all the many rubs I’ve tried over the years, my favorite rub is made by Big Moe. Just sampling it straight out of the jar is by far the most flavorful I’ve ever tried. And even after it’s been cooked on the meat has been great. The chicken and pork rubs are the best. His brisket rub was just ok, not bad. My favorite homemade rub is:
    3 teaspoons of Tony Chachere’s
    1 teaspoon of ground cumin
    1 teaspoon of chili powder.
    This is great on chicken wings and pork. Very tasty and a little spicy, the flavor really shines after the cook.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; April 10, 2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Of the Meat Church rubs I've tried, Holy Voodoo is my fav, but the others aren't bad. Also of note, I noticed Meat Church rubs are $1 cheaper at buc-ees...if there's one near you!

Comment

I use Sucklebusters Hogwaller for pork and frequently and enjoy the taste.
        My only complaint/dislike would be the amount of salt in the rub.
        They're Texas 1836 beef rub is high in salt but I don't mind it for beef.
        I have never seen Meat Church rubs here so can't comment on them.

Comment

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          smokin fool I have been using SB Texas 1836 on beef and I like it except for the heavy salt. They say that MC's Holy Cow if great on beef and would like to try it. Don't want to have to buy a $30-$50 package, plus shipping, to try it.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Clark the Ace hardware stores around here carry Meat Church

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here