Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARINADE in Sous Vide Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARINADE in Sous Vide Bag

MARINADE in Sous Vide Bag? Dry or Wet?
    This thought came to me as I was thinking of Sous Vide in the insta-pot.
    Your thoughts, please.
    Thank you in advance.

No. The marinade just gets diluted in the food's juices. Marinade ingredients don't penetrate the meat anyway, except for the salt. That said, many chefs add marinade to the bag, so do what you feel works best for you.

I prefer to sous-vide nekkid meat, then add EVOO and a rub and sear it off. That way I get the flavor of the rub undiluted.

FWIW, sous Vide Instant Pots do not appear to hold accurate temperatures, or at least the early ones didn't. Even people here on the Pit reported those findings. So calibrate your IP if it has a sous vide function if it's of concern to you.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; March 20, 2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.
      Answered my question.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here