Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Potato Salad recipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Potato Salad recipe...

...that everyone tells me is great.

Ingredients

3 lbs russet potatoes
    6 eggs
    1/2 lb dill pickles
    6 oz. mayonnaise (I like Trader Joes organic mayo)
    2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper (I use white pepper because I think the lack of black flecks looks good, but black is fine)
    3 Tbsp pickle juice

Instructions

1. Wash and peel the potatos, cut into roughly 2 inch chunks.

2. Put potatoes in a pot, cover with water. When the water boils, set timer for 15 min. While the potatoes are cooking...

3. Hard boil the eggs. Cover with water, bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes. Rinse with cool water when done.

4. Dice the pickles. By now, the potatoes are probably done, so...

5. Drain potatoes and let them cool until you can handle them. When cool (you can probably dice the eggs while you wait), cut potatoes into roughly 1/2 chunks (or whatever you prefer for potato salad).

6. Dice the eggs.

7. Put everything into a large bowl.

8. Add the mayo, salt, pepper, pickle juice, then mix it all up with a large spoon.

9. Chill and enjoy.

Thanks, I've been wanting to try a good one and all the ones I get a hold of are that nasty yellow stuff some people call potato salad.

Comment

Just whipped up a half batch of this and i'm eating now, hot of course. I like cold too, but hot is my favorite. All the flavors are there, it's not trying to be fancy which is ok for me. I did however overcook the potatoes, one of my kiddo's was fighting a nap and they undercooked a bit, but still very good. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks John! Glad you enjoyed it. Some people prefer more salt, but I try to keep it on the light side for the recipe. An accompaniment of green olives is perfect with this.

Comment

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          I like to go easy on the salt as well when cooking, something that is so different from person to person and is easily added afterward is best left on the side.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here